Site Search:

Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Japanese food: Not only "sushi" and "tempura&

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Food
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kaz

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2003 10:08 pm    Post subject: Japanese food: Not only "sushi" and "tempura& Reply with quote

Hi. I love eating out and trying any kinds of ethnic food. I like Chinese and Italian noodles and spicy curry in East Asian countryes. I also like Japanese food, of course.

I'd like to know how people think of food of my country. When peoeple out of Japan talk about Japanese food, they mostly talk about "sushi" and "tempura". But there are more variety. Please answer these questions. Thanks.

Have you ever tried Japanese food? How did you like it?
Are there any Japanese restaurant in your town?
What's the most popular Japanese food in your town or country?
What's your favorite Japanese food?
What Japanese food do you dislike?

Kaz from Yamaguchi, Japan Very Happy

Last edited by Kaz on Thu Jun 26, 2003 7:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
RACHEL WEI

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2003 3:12 pm    Post subject: I LIKE JAPANESE FOOD AND TAIWANESE FOOD VERY MUCH!!! Reply with quote

I LIKE JAPANESE FOOD AND TAIWANESE FOOD VERY MUCH.
IN TAIPEI, THERE ARE MANY JAPANESE RESTAURANTS.
LIKE~”SUKIYAKI” . ”RAMEN” . ”SUSHI”…….
LAST SUMMER, I WENT TO OKINAWA I TYIED “ SOBA“ TEHRE.
IT’S LIKE A KIND OF TAIWANESE NOODLE, BUT IT HAVE A LOT OF VEGETABLES. IT IS REFRESHING AND NOT GREASY.
I LIKE IT MORE THAT RAMEN.
JAPANESE FOOD~ ”OII SHI”
TAIWANESE FOOD~”HO CHI”

RACHEL from TAIPE Very Happy
Kaz

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2003 11:00 pm    Post subject: Re: I LIKE JAPANESE FOOD AND TAIWANESE FOOD VERY MUCH!!! Reply with quote

RACHEL WEI wrote:
I LIKE JAPANESE FOOD AND TAIWANESE FOOD VERY MUCH.
IN TAIPEI, THERE ARE MANY JAPANESE RESTAURANTS.
LIKE~”SUKIYAKI” . ”RAMEN” . ”SUSHI”…….
LAST SUMMER, I WENT TO OKINAWA I TYIED “ SOBA“ TEHRE.
IT’S LIKE A KIND OF TAIWANESE NOODLE, BUT IT HAVE A LOT OF VEGETABLES. IT IS REFRESHING AND NOT GREASY.
I LIKE IT MORE THAT RAMEN.
JAPANESE FOOD~ ”OII SHI”
TAIWANESE FOOD~”HO CHI”

RACHEL from TAIPE Very Happy

Thank you Rachel for your reply. I'm surprised to hear that there are a variety of Japanese food restaurants in Taipei. Actually I've been to Taipei once, but I didn't see many Japanese restaurants. You mentioned various Japanese food. Which one seems to be the most popular among Taiwanese? I look forward to hearing from you again.
Kaz Very Happy
RACHEL WEI

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2003 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HI KAZ!!!
YOU EVER COME TO TAIWAN!!! HAVE YOU TRIED ANY TAIWANESE FOOD??
IN RECENT YEARS, JAPANESE FOOD.JAPANESE FASHIONS ARE BECOMING WIDELY POPULAR. YOU CAN FIND JAPANESE RESTAURANTS & JAPANESE SNACK ALL AROUND TAIPEI CITY. I THINK JAPANESE BUFFET、SUSHI ARE MOST POPULAR AMONG TAIWANESE. OH~I LIKE A KIND OF JAPANESE FASTFOOD~MOS HAMBURG. IT’S DELICIOUS & NOT GREASY.
Kaz

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2003 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RACHEL WEI wrote:
HI KAZ!!!
YOU EVER COME TO TAIWAN!!! HAVE YOU TRIED ANY TAIWANESE FOOD??
IN RECENT YEARS, JAPANESE FOOD.JAPANESE FASHIONS ARE BECOMING WIDELY POPULAR. YOU CAN FIND JAPANESE RESTAURANTS & JAPANESE SNACK ALL AROUND TAIPEI CITY. I THINK JAPANESE BUFFET、SUSHI ARE MOST POPULAR AMONG TAIWANESE. OH~I LIKE A KIND OF JAPANESE FASTFOOD~MOS HAMBURG. IT’S DELICIOUS & NOT GREASY.

Hi, again. "MOS BURGER" in Taipei!! I'm surprised to hear that there are Japanse hamberger shops out of Japan. Mos Burger is my favorite fast food restaurant. I like their "teriyaki" chiken burger and soup.

Yes, I tried some Taiwanese food when I was there. However, I can't remember the names of the wonderful dishes. I liked dumplings with pork and shrimp and rice porriadge I had for breakfast. I also liked a dessert of shaved ice with boiled sweet beans and several kinds of fruit. That was delicious! I'd like to go there again.

Bye now,
Kaz
Nakashima Yukiko

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2003 6:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Japanese food: Not only "sushi" and "temp Reply with quote

Kaz wrote:
Hi. I love eating out and trying any kinds of ethnic food. I like Chinese and Italian noodles and spicy curry in East Asian countryes. I also like Japanese food, of course.

I'd like to know how people think of food of my country. When peoeple out of Japan talk about Japanese food, they mostly talk about "sushi" and "tempura". But there are more variety. Please answer these questions. Thanks.

Have you ever tried Japanese food? How did you like it?
Are there any Japanese restaurant in your town?
What's the most popular Japanese food in your town or country?
What's your favorite Japanese food?
What Japanese food do you dislike?

Kaz from Yamaguchi, Japan Very Happy

My favorite Japanese food is Nikujaga. It is potatoes boiled with carrots, onions and beef.
bye.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Food All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: