Site Search:

Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The world going to be Doom in 2012. Tsunami, Earth Quake....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Sports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tone

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 6:25 am    Post subject: The world going to be Doom in 2012. Tsunami, Earth Quake.... Reply with quote

Many believe that the end of the world is coming in 2012. Nobody knows if it's true but we can see what a lot of unusual natural disaster happens in the last few years. Tsunami in Japan, Earth Quake in New Zealand, Snow in Vietnam and a lot more around the world.

Do you think the end of us is really coming in 2012? What should and can we do or prepare?

If there are something we can do to save the world, let's share it here to encourage everyone who come to this topic and read it.
nora80

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 7:50 pm    Post subject: hope Reply with quote

I'm surprised to find someone who has been thinking the same thing with me! I tried to write a message here asking all the other people to do 'something' to stop, or delay the end coming closer.
It's quite clear that it's about time, not just from a religious viewpoint but from a commonsense and a little knowledge of science.

But what really scares me is people do know it, they already got enough warnings(natural disasters), but they don't do anything. We are so obsessed with everyday work, worries, and pleasures that we seldom pay attention to such a serious gloomy issue.

I'm in Korea, and some people already use air conditioner in this cool fine spring day! Can you imagine how it would be like in the peak of summer? Some even get a summer cold because of the air conditioner running all through the day!

I heard Japanese people is taking every measure to save the energy these days. Do we change our lifestyle only if that kind of horrible disaster happen?

I'm not sure if the end is coming in 2012..
Maybe it's too late to put things back..
I'm asking myself how to prepare for the uncertain future.
One thing is clear - I'll never give up hope, and I'll pray God not to throw away hope for humans.
We have to show Him that we still have warm heart, love, sympathy, worth of another chance.
Stephanie S

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, we're still here. Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Sports All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: