Site Search:

Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

meaning of family

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Family
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mon_pn

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2003 5:32 am    Post subject: meaning of family Reply with quote

There are a lot of meaning for the word " family ". If you open a dictionary , you will find it. It can only be a noun. It has 5 meanings. The first one is Parent and their children. The second is a group of persons related by blood or marriage. The next meaning is the members of one household. The fourth is a group of things with common characteristics. The last one is a group of related plants oranimals ranking between a genus and order.
In my opinion, it's not only refer to your parents but also refer to people who love, care, help you when you have problem. Your friends, yourgirl/borfriend, people who you just known can be your family. I think the best family for everyone should be their own mom and dad. They love you with no condition and don't want anything in return. They will find the best thing for you and do every ways to make you success. Sometimes, they' ll blame you if you do a wrong thing but it doesn't mean that they don't love you. It likes the proverb saying that " Sparetherodandspoilthechild ". The only thing that you can return to them is your love and cae like they give you.
Tamaki

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2003 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with you! Family never betrayed even if I make a mistake. And they love me from the heart. Above all, mother is special person for me. I think that I cannot live without her. She always advises me about many things. She is like a friend for me. Anyway, family is so wonderful and I always thank for them. I am happy because they are my family. Razz
U-jin

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2003 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You cant choose your family either. You can make a new one though.
LucentShade

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2004 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this concept of unconditional love from parents is great, but I get the feeling that my dad loves me on a conditional basis. I'm fine as long as I get good grades and don't get into trouble. To tell the truth, we have a sort of "economic" relationship.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Family All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: