Site Search:

Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

how to learn English language
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Learning English
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Iso

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 3:49 am    Post subject: how to learn English language Reply with quote

I`m learning English, because this is important for my job. This is my work ,first i have to decide this idea.I m reading some books,writing sentences.I try to talk about English with my friends.Then i m watching Television.especially canale of BBC prime,CNN news,CNBC-E. Also watching movies and i closed their subtitles and just listening.
I know that is useful for learning English unless should be learn new words and reply them in the sentences about different grammars.
I think it will be during the current year.

take care
cid

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi guys..

i'm siddiq from malaysia.i'm a 14 year old student and i'm going to sit for a big exam next year..well maybe not the biggest in my country but one which will determine my future as well

for me,english is a universal language,and everyone should be learning it and try to master it as they master their mother tongue....

i learn english through reading as i see reading is very easy to do because it don't just offer us knowledge about what we want,but also about the issues that are currently hot in the world..for example, when we read newspapers,it also give us knowledge while widening our vocabulary.....

other than that,i also give my 100% focus when the teacher is teaching me english...it benefits me a lot..however, although i feel that my writing is quite satisfying,i cannot speak english very well as i write it..

well that's all from me..sorry if some of my english is wrong..

THANK YOU
emily75115

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 7:35 am    Post subject: learning English Reply with quote

I suggest that you can learning English on the interent.And you can chat with the foreigner or you can watch the movie in Englifh language. I evry like watch the Western movie and listen to the English music and so on.
magggie

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 12:20 am    Post subject: How to learn English well? Reply with quote

Yes. Most of all the teachers like to provide the students with a lot of knowledge-words, phrases, grammar, usages and so on, They are focusing these thing, especially on the grammar. Yes, the students do need these, but many teachers forget to teach them how to study English, and how to use it. So when you are giving the knowledge to the students, don't forget to teach them all the abilities of the four skills.
mimi88jade

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi..you can visit www.withly.com they offer english class online.
cnuwindy

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as i am concerned, the best way and also the most effictive way is to recite english articles especially the one that suit your english level. I have tried and it is very useful. Oral english is the out-put of engish, only when you have got enough in-put including reading and listening then can you speak frlently and correctly.
TennesseeTech

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 2:04 pm    Post subject: how to improve...live in an English speaking country Reply with quote

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
grammy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

my advice, and i have been a teacher for 15 years, is this.

listen.

listening is the key to understanding, the more you do it the better you get.

look around the web for listening practice, i guess things like you tube are good and so is just watching shows and movies, but if you need practice you need exercises. there are very few free sites which give this, www.soundsenglish.com is one of them, it is fairly new so there are only a few exercises at the moment, it will get better i think, elllo.com has examples but no exercises.

read.

the fact is that learners who perform best on tests and exams read more.

but what to read? well, anything that interests YOU. there is no point reading about heart surgery in zimbabwe , unless you are interested in it, if you like fashion read about that, or football or anything else, remember YOU must like the subject.
RedRose

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This thread should be removed, maybe should have been removed long time ago.

How to learn English? that's a silly question. Everyone has his'her own way to learn. if I am a pig, do I have to know how smart people learn english? what's the angle? smart people can speak english after having learned it for only one year, but a piggy person can't speak english in his'her entire life, No matter how hard he tries.

so, why not just give up?
sourwine

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RedRose wrote:
This thread should be removed, maybe should have been removed long time ago.

How to learn English? that's a silly question. Everyone has his'her own way to learn. if I am a pig, do I have to know how smart people learn english? what's the angle? smart people can speak english after having learned it for only one year, but a piggy person can't speak english in his'her entire life, No matter how hard he tries.

I would like to know how exactly you are defining "piggy" or being a "pig"? As you oppose them to "smart" people I assume that you address slow learners or learners with difficulties as "pigs". Well, maybe it is a word in your native language that leads you to such a phrase.

I don't really see a problem in sharing different methods of learning. At the end of the day every individual has to find their way and has to find what works best for them. But as there are different types of learners there will always be different types of learning - hopefully! If everybody was the same and learned and understood at the same speed it would be quite boring.

And why not share here? This site is meant to help, isn't it?

RedRose wrote:
so, why not just give up?

Because.

If nobody dreamt of being capable of doing things he never did before, the world would be a pretty dead place. Trying makes things possible. Giving up doesn't make anything possible.

I hope your post was meant to provoke and is not your real opinion. Neither as a learner nor as a teacher.
Jenniferdu521

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This thread is so long that I spend several hours finished it.
What an excellent post!

I learned lot of things from it.
I will insist on improving my English by more and more practice.
I do not want to give up, although I do not a clever learner who can learn something quickly,but keep learning make me fell happiness.
beibeizhu

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Learning English is very important. English is a international language. I am also the one who have the problem in speaking,reading and writing.But I don�t know how to learn it. Can you tell me how to do it?
beibeizhu

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think English as a language is very important for every people in the future.how to learn English language?I am listening and waiting for more information and experience.
ghazie

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 12:22 am    Post subject: Hello there! Reply with quote

I think English language is very important for a competitive person, it is spoken globally so we should now how to use it. But it's really hard to learn English because it's confusing most especially the verb tenses and agreement. Please help me learn English!! Thanks! Very Happy [/quote]
JuBu^2

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 7:16 am    Post subject: How to learn English language Reply with quote

Hello, Helina.Liu
I agree with you that English as a language is very important for every people in the future.
You should look around the web for listening practice and listen to English every day such as listen to English radio, watch English TV,
go to English movies and use online lessons.
You should read English stories by start with children's storybooks because it makes you interesting and want to read continues.

Janejira Boonsiem
ID: 51213375
CHM
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Learning English All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8

Jump to: