Site Search:

Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How to improve listening and writing skills

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Learning English
View previous topic :: View next topic  
linglove1124

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2003 4:59 am    Post subject: How to improve listening and writing skills Reply with quote

Althoght I major in English Department, my listening and writing skills are still not good. Therefore, I hope someone can tell me how to improve the two important skills.
Thank for the person who helps me! Very Happy
advoca

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2003 9:40 pm    Post subject: Improving listening and wriying skill Reply with quote

To improve your writing you must write, write, write. Also find someone who will correct your writing.

To improve your listening skills go to this web site:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/worldservice/learningenglish

You will find plenty of interesting lessons and stories read out for you to listen to. The site is specially deigned for those wishing to learn English
sharonbabe

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2003 9:26 pm    Post subject: keep practicing Reply with quote

i think there no other way to learn a second language, just keep practicing!

For improving listening, you can watch the English news, listen to the ICRT, or watch a movie whiout seeing the chinese subtitle. Try to keep up their speaking speed and figure out what they said.

For improving writing, i must say that grammar is a very boring thing for me, but without grammar, you just can't write a good article! In fact, writing has its own structure, introduction, body, and summary.
you can read more newspaper, books, editorials.
In this way, you can not only learn to write a good article but also learn more vocabularies.
sharonbabe

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2003 9:35 pm    Post subject: keep practicing Reply with quote

i think there no other way to learn a second language, just keep practicing!

For improving listening, you can watch the English news, listen to the ICRT, or watch a movie whiout seeing the chinese subtitle. Try to keep up their speaking speed and figure out what they said.

For improving writing, i must say that grammar is a very boring thing for me, but without grammar, you just can't write a good article! In fact, writing has its own structure, introduction, body, and summary.
you can read more newspaper, books, editorials.
In this way, you can not only learn to write a good article but also learn more vocabularies.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Learning English All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: