Site Search:

Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I m too much depress

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ranjana_bansod

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2004 11:28 pm    Post subject: I m too much depress Reply with quote

hi
hope u people give me proper solution of my problem
i m a software engineer. i m good in most of the technologies but the latest one is .NET tech. and no doubt i m good in that also
In my compay most of the programmer working on the .NET tech and there very few people who r working on vb6.0 which is not that much latest tech. i too working in same tech. so my problem is that i got complex i think I know the .NET very well still I can�t work in it I have to work on VB6.0 though I know that also but it would be better if I get the chance to work in .NET
But bcoz of this I can�t concentrate on my work. I can understand this not good this may affect my position in company. Might bcoz of this I have to leave the job which I don�t want. What to do I can�t understand. Hope u help??????
thanks in advanced
Ranjana
Zanthrick

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2004 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have not used VB6, but I have used previous versions. The biggest problem is that VB6 doesn't follow good programming practices, and often discourages it in the way it's designed. I have always viewed it as more of a scripting language then a general purpose programming language.
While the languages in .NET (which I havn't used for a while, but I believe variations of C/C++, C# and similar besides visual basic are designed with proper coding methods in mind. I havn't used Visual Basic in ".NET." Also as you probably have discovered, the other languages in .NET don't provide as much structure to your application

I don't know what kind of experience or education you have with programming, so I don't know what to suggest.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Opinions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: