Site Search:

Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Major Canadian Christian Missionary Converts to Islam
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wing

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Saraa,

If Muslims are encouraged to be kind to animals, why women are supposed to be stoned to death for adultery while the men may quit? If a woman was raped and pregnant, she would not have been forgiven in the Muslim world, a religion of MERCY.

Your reply I bother to read is just copy that is even not realistic. Hope your Prophet Muhammad have any fantastic ideas to cope with Muslim terrorists in the name of Allah killing the innocents, especiallay Americans.

Last edited by wing on Mon Sep 15, 2003 12:53 am; edited 1 time in total
saraaa

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2003 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In The Name Of Allah

at the beginning , i said that i am not good in english .my native language is not english . because our topic is about islamic relegion . i copy to ensure that everyone do not misunderstan me , it is relegion ( the way of life )not a game.

wing , i do not know from where you get your information?!!! , please read the holy quran ( the first source of islam) and you will get the truth

Allaah has specified the punishments for men and women who commit zina. The hadd punishment is stoning if they have been married and one hundred lashes for one who has not been previously married.

Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning)
“The fornicatress and the fornicator, flog each of them with a hundred stripes. Let not pity withhold you in their case, in a punishment prescribed by Allaah, if you believe in Allaah and the Last Day. And let a party of the believers witness their punishment”[al-Noor 24:2]

according to that , all are equal in punishment .

also, from sunnah ( the second source of islam) , you can get the truth
:

(1) It was narrated from Jaabir that a man from (the tribe of) Aslam came to the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) when he was in the mosque and he said, “I have committed adultery.” The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) turned his face away from him. The man came to that side to which the Prophet had turned his face, and testified against himself four times. The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said, "Are you mad?” He said, “No.” The Prophet said, “Are you married?" He said, "Yes.” So he commanded that he be stoned in the Musalla (Eid prayer place). When the stones troubled him, he ran away, until he was caught in al-Harrah and killed.

(2) It was narrated that Buraydah ibn al-Haseeb said: A woman from Ghaamid, a branch of al-Azd, came and said: “O Messenger of Allaah, purify me!” He said, “Woe to you! Go back and seek the forgiveness of Allaah and repent to Him.” She said: “I think that you intend to send me back as you sent Maa’iz ibn Maalik back.” He said, “What has happened to you?” She said that she had become pregnant as a result of zina. He said: “Is it you (who has done that)?” She said: “Yes.” He said to her: “(You will not be punished) until you give birth to that which is in your womb.” A man from among the Ansaar sponsored her [i.e., paid for her needs etc] until she delivered (the child). Then he (that Ansaari) came to the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) and said: “The Ghaamidi woman has given birth to a child.” He (the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him)) said: “Then we will not stone her and so leave her child with no one to nurse him.” One of the Ansaar stood up and said: “O Messenger of Allaah, let me be responsible for ensuring that he is nursed.” Then she was stoned to death.

, I think most of you misunderstnad islam . because you get your information from media . you have been programmed by the media to classify most Muslims as "terrorists.
This is big wrong. if you want the truth read the holy quran and sunnah

Islam teaches that the closest to Allah and the most beloved of Allah are those who are the best in piety. Thus all people, male and female, and regardless of race, color, nationality or ethnicity, are considered and treated as equal before Allah and before the law. This concept of tolerance did not reach the West even in theory until the 18th century, and in practice not until the 20th century.
Finally ;
Sit with yourself amoment and ask her :
Who created you? And why ?
Why are you live ?
What is the purpose of life ?

your sister
saraaa
asterix

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2003 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the prophet could get along all right with his jewish neighbour, why is it that all those muslims in the middle east cannot tolerate a few jews in their midst?
And why is it that none of your Imams speak out against the terrorists?
Diana

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2003 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Saraaa,
Wing asked a legitiate question. She asked about the terrorists who say they are muslims and practising Islam. Osama Bin Laden, for example, is a muslim and many people in the Middle East regard Osama Bin Laden as a hero. And Bin Laden is responsible for the the September 11th attacks on America. The terrorists on the plane were muslims who claimed to do this terrible deed in the name of Islam. As a muslim, I hope you condemned these terrible actions.

Regards,
Diana
saraaa

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2003 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In The Name Of Allah

dear ; diana
you may be not read my reply for wing
please go back , read it , and you will know that islam is realy the religion of mercy.

Allah said :
'''Allah does not forbid you from those who do not fight you because of religion and do not expel you from your homes - from being righteous toward them and acting justly toward them .indeed, Allah loves those who act justly .
Allah only forbids you from those who fight you because of religion and expel you from your homes and aid in your expulsion - [forbids] that you make allies of them and whoever makes allies of them , then it is those who are the wrongdoers. ''''

in addition , you can not say that all muslims are terrorist because only one person such as ibn laden did that.
if we apllied your rule , then we can consider that all americans are terrorist because some american dropped nuclear bomb on japan. until now , japaneses suffer its effects . not only that but also america kills many people aruond world such as afghanistan and now in iraq to get oil . also supplied israel with weapons to kill innocent palestines .
but we as muslims know that it is not guilt of american nation because we know that there are many kind americans who did not accept these terrible things.

my sister diana you get wrong concept about islam because you follow what media ( which controlled by jews) says .
please , please if you want to discover real islam , read the holy quran and sunnah . and you will know that is the truth .

Notice : no one answer the previous questions ? are they difficult ?!!!!

your sister

saraaa
Corey

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2003 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saraa,

CONSIDER THIS A WARNING.

I left your last post up so people can see what hate is.

I DO NOT WANT TO CENSOR OR BAN BUT IF YOU CONTINUE LIKE THIS I WILL BE FORCED TO.

Diana

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2003 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

saraaa wrote:
In The Name Of Allah

dear ; diana
please go back , read it , and you will know that islam is realy the religion of mercy.

Allah said :
'''Allah does not forbid you from those who do not fight you because of religion and do not expel you from your homes - from being righteous toward them and acting justly toward them .indeed, Allah loves those who act justly .
Allah only forbids you from those who fight you because of religion and expel you from your homes and aid in your expulsion - [forbids] that you make allies of them and whoever makes allies of them , then it is those who are the wrongdoers. ''''

Dear Saraa,
I am a Christian and the God I know and worship do not want us to fight at all for He considers us ALL his children, and he is a God of peace. All Jews, Muslims, Christians, atheists, Buddishts, Hindus, and all others are ALL God's children. His Law says not to hurt or fight one another. Jesus also led by example. When people persecuted him, he did not raise his fist against them. The God I know loves all people but hates SIN. Sin is the only thing that God hates - not PEOPLE. This was why Jesus walked among the sinners and wrongdoers so he could convert them away from sin and to follow God's laws.

So, why does Allah hate the wrongdoers, who are actually people. Why does Allah only love those who are justly? And who is considered "justly?" Doesn't Allah love ALL PEOPLE and hate SIN? Why does Allah consider people who make allies wrongdoers? Are you not supposed to try and make your enemies friends so that there would be peace?

saraaa wrote:

[color=blue]in addition , you can not say that all muslims are terrorist because only one person such as ibn laden did that.
if we apllied your rule , then we can consider that all americans are terrorist because some american dropped nuclear bomb on japan. until now , japaneses suffer its effects . not only that but also america kills many people aruond world such as afghanistan and now in iraq to get oil . also supplied israel with weapons to kill innocent palestines .
but we as muslims know that it is not guilt of american nation because we know that there are many kind americans who did not accept these terrible things.

I never said that all Muslims are terrorists. However, I do know that many Arabs in the Middle East see Bin Laden as a hero. Bin Laden committed an act of atrocity by killing about 3000 people on September 11th. So, why do many Arabs see Bin Laden as a hero? I know what Hiter has done, and I don't consider Hiter a hero. I also know what Joseph Stalin and Mao had done, and they are not heros in my eyes because they murdered millions of innocent people.

As for Japan, the Japanese murdered many of my people during World War II. They slaughtered innocent women and children in China and on my island - Guam. It was the Americans who put an end to their mass slaughter by dropping those atomic bombs in Japan.

As for Afghanistan, it was Osama Bin Laden who attacked America first. Even the Taliban has committed atrocities against Afhgan women. The suicide rate among Afghan women was extremely high during the Taliban rule. Women were killing themselves by drinking battery acid because they were being abused by the Taliban. Today, the suicide rate among Afghan women have dramatically decreased. Afghan women are now happy that they are able to attend school and work for a living.

As for Iraq, Saddam was a mass murderer himself just like Hitler, Mao, and Stalin. Just look at the mass graves being dug up in Iraq. There was even a mass grave of little children who were tied up and buried alive. Today, many Iraqis are now happy that Saddam is gone.

As for the Palestinians, I'm sure that your Prophet Muhammed and your Quran is against killing women and children. Then why are the Palestinians purposely targetting the women and children instead of the Israeli army? Why don't they go after the Israeli army instead of women and children in shopping malls and buses? Why are the Palestinians more outrage that Israel killed their Hamas MILITANT leader? The Palestinians are more outrage that Israel killed their Hamas leader, and they say nothing about the 21 unarmed civilians consisting of women and children who were killed by their suicide bomber?
wing

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2003 4:06 pm    Post subject: Mercy Reply with quote

saraaa wrote:

dear ; diana

The copies, with which you have bombarded us, never shows the mercy you meant for, but only shows how weak is where you stand. We don't need to study any true concepts of Islam from Koran or any good suggestions you have. We only need to catch a glimpse of what is really going on in the mass media to find the facts.

Saraa, the information that you can obtain without efforts on the Internet cannot be found in your holy book. It is about Amina Lawal, a Nagerian woman charged with a crime - to have given birth to a child out of wedlock. In a Nagerian Islamic court, she was given no chance to prove her innocence. She might have been raped, but Sharia law led to the possiblity of a miscarriage of justice. Well, this is just a drop in the ocean. I don't think I will be accused of lying if saying that there are masses and masses of such unfair cases sparking worldwide condemnation on Islamic fundamentalism.

As for your latest reply to Diana, I would like to advice you to read more (history, news...etc. )before jumping to conclusions and avoid showing your over-indulgence in the idol you have been worshipping.
BakaGaijin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2003 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Corey wrote:
Saraa,

CONSIDER THIS A WARNING.

I left your last post up so people can see what hate is.

I DO NOT WANT TO CENSOR OR BAN BUT IF YOU CONTINUE LIKE THIS I WILL BE FORCED TO.

Me thinks they don't want to listen to ya Corey. I coulda told you this is where it was going.

I'm Kevin Tillman.
Japanese Exchange and Teaching ALT
saraaa

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2003 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the Name of Allah, most Compassionate, most Merciful

dear diana

first , about your quastion about palestine you can find the complete answer in this site
http://www.islamdoor.com/Terror.htm
second ,yes , I am with you that we should try to make our r enemies friends so that there would be peace because in the Holy Quran Allah says:
'' and not equal are the good deed and the bad . Repel [evil] by that [deed ] which is better ;and there-upon, the one whom between you and him is enmity [will become ] as though he was a devoted friend ;

if wrongdoers repented and returned to Allah , Allah would forgive their wrongs . Because in holy quran Allah says:

;say o my servants who have transgressed against themselves [ by sinning ] , do not despair of the mercy of Allah . indeed , Allah forgives all sins .indeed , it is he who is the forgiving , the merciful;
but if this wrongdoers insist to do wrong and never accept advice . For that Allah made hill for wrongdoers and paradise for believers and rightdoers . Allah says in Holy Quran :
''' and not equal are the blind and the seeing , nor are those who believe and do righteous deeds and the evildoer little do you remember.'''
And Allah says:
then is one who was a believer like one who was defiantly disobedient? They are not equal.
Also Allah says :
; whoever comes [ on the day of judgement ] with a good deed will have better than it ; and whoever comes with an evil deed ;then those who did evil deeds will not be recompensed except [as much as ] what they used to do ;

My sister Diana , you said that your religion is Christian , so read this
over nine million (9,000,000) people living on earth today have memorized the ENTIRE QURAN. Think about that for just a minute.

Can anyone say that about the Bible?
No.
We know that the original Bible came from Allah and that it was memorized in the early days of Moses and others. But over the centuries different people came along and changed it for whatever reasons. Once the Word of Allah is changed, it is no longer the Word of Allah and as such it not longer has that special quality and protection of Allah.
I challenge anyone to bring a single person who even find an original Bible and then memorize an equal amount of the text to the Quran and then be able to recite it in the beautiful manner recited by those who recite Quran everyday.

Has anyone ever memorized the whole Bible in any language?

Has anyone memorized the New Testament?

Can 8 and 9 year old children stand up and recite the Bible in Hebrew or Aramaic or Greek for hours at a time without looking at the words?

No.
No one has memorized the Bible, not even the Pope; not even Pat Robertson; not Jimmy Swaggart; not Benny Hind; not Oral Roberts; not even the Pope.

Muslims all over the world, all recite exactly the same thing regardless of their native languages, culture, background or traditions.

All of them recite it in Arabic, letter for letter and word for word.

We Muslims must agree with the fact that Jesus is the "miracle birth" as that is in the Quran. His mother was a virgin. She was the best of women ever created. He did many miracles by Allah's permission. He did not know what was in Allah, but Allah Knows what is in him, peace be upon him. Jesus is still alive and he is coming back in the Last Days. He will kill the Anti-Christ. The true believers will follow him. There will be victory over the evil one.In Islam we have even learned what he looks like, where he will appear, what he will do first and the order of the things that will happen in the Last Days.What do you know about the person you are calling "Jesus?" Let us begin with his name. Was it "Jesus." - No.The word "Jesus" is the Latinized name given to him after the Council of Nicaea. His name comes from the Old Semitic name "Eeshua" or "Eesa." This is based on the pronunciation of the letter known as "seen" or in Hebrew "sheen." The Jewish pronounce the word for "peace" as "Shalom;" whereas, the Arabic pronunciation would be "Salam." So we see how the name of "Eesa" can also be "Eeshua." But why should we say "Jesus" when he never called himself by that name?Next, we know that he was not born on December 25. (documented in the Nicaea Council records). According to the Bible he was born during the census taking for the tax polls at the time of Herod the Great. This was done in the Fall of the year, not the winter. According to the Quran, he was born at the time dates would be ripe and ready to fall from the trees. That again, is in the fall, not in the winter.Also, he was born before the beginning of the calendar date 1 AD (According to the Bible, he was born in the reign of Herod the Great which would probably have been around 6 BC)Outside of the Bible, the only other chronicler of events of that time was Josephus. He lived in the area and even traveled about the same time and to the same places as did Saul (later became Paul). Josephus does not mention Jesus or the son of God or anything like this occurring. William Whitset (200 + years ago) did translate the works of Josephus and added, yes ADDED an entire chapter to his works, fabricating a meeting between Josephus and Jesus and even having Josephus believing in the son of God story. However, Josephus was a Jew and he worked for the Romans as an advisor and journalist.

For more you can visit
http://www.TodayIslam.com/yusuf/

http://www.islamtomorrow.com/

Saraaa
saraaa

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2003 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

corey , why are you angry ?

I did not make any thing wrong . I respect everyone here in this forum.

I only express my opinion . you may accept it or may not .

but that does not allow you to hurt me .

you said that you left my previous reply to see what hate is [ only

corey's opinion], but at the same time you dropped my topic about the

former singer Cat Steven [.everyone can read about Cat Steven

through this site]

http://www.islamtomorrow.com/converts/index.htm

so , I want only to ask you ; and your answers are not

important for me ..

where is the freedom of opinion that you belief in ?

You hear only the opinion that you want. But the opposite opinion, you

warn his /her writer and dropp topic. Is this democracy?

According to that, i advice you (corey) to delete the section of opinion

because you hear only your voice.

for all who read my words , for all my friends and who

research about truth .

according to the moderator's warning . may be I can not reply again .

but Allah gave you a mind to distinguish between true and false , so use

your mind a moment and you will discover the truth.

i wish that i express my feelings in a good way .

I want everyone to hear that believe me Islam is the truth..

ISLAM is the fastest growing religion in the world. Because Islam is a

complete way of life. It tells man about the purpose of his creation and

existence, his ultimate destiny, his place among other

creatures and more importantly, it provides him with guidance to lead a

balanced and purposeful life which will enable him to avoid the Hell-fire

and be rewarded with a place in Paradise in the life after death.

My final word to you as sister is to go off in private

somewhere that nobody even knows what you are doing and then pray as

you have never prayed before, directly to the One Almighty God of the

universe. Ask Him for His Guidance for you in this life.

Saraaa
Corey

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2003 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I left this post up for everyone to read but I believe - and I think most people agree - there is a line which cannot be crossed in conversation.

I am a moderator and it was my opinion that you crossed that line. It is my responsibility I do what I think is right. Please do not write sentences and paragraphs with derogatory or demeaning sentiments in the future.

Corey
obelix

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2003 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saraa I don't think that 9 million people can recite the koran from memory. How do you know? It is merely something you have been told and are not allowed to question. It is a symptom of the brainwashing techniques used by Islam to ensure that its adherents do not stray into independent thought. How do you know that there are not 9 million Christians who do not know the Bible? Such a fact is unknowable without research - and what is the point?
The manifestation of Islam that we are seeing around the world; the murder of innocents to make a political or religious point is a disgusting travesty of what any religion is supposed to stand for. Since Allah is exactly the same god as the Christians worship, and Christianity is an older religion than Islam, perhaps it is the Christians who are right in their view of God. Or perhaps it is the jews, whose religion is much older than either who are right.
I should point out to you that all Catholics the world over can attend a church service in any country and understand what is going on, because all Catholic services are given in Latin.
Speaking for myself, I am interested in your view of the world but I am extremely bored by posts which include copies pasted on by you of someone else's thoughts. If I wanted to read that tripe I would search out the hate sites that publish it.
By the way, I am an atheist and so, according to your "holy" book, that marks me for death, doesn't it?
If Islam is really a religion of peace and mercy, why aren't the majority of Muslims speaking out against the misuse of Islam for the justification of terrorist acts?
I think it is because, as Corey says, Islam is really a religion of the sword.
wing

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2003 2:26 am    Post subject: The three questions Reply with quote

Like those 9 million people you are very proud of, what is the point of the three questions as well?
BakaGaijin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2003 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

saraaa wrote:
In The Name Of Allah

in addition , you can not say that all muslims are terrorist because only one person such as ibn laden did that.

You are such a moron. The americans dropped that bomb during a WAR. You are starting to tick me off and I've sat here and watched this farce long enough. You are so full of sh*t I'll bet your eyes are brown. Yes. We dropped a terrible bomb on another country, yes there were after effects, but No, we are not terrorists. It was war. Our goverment thought it the fastest way end the war and curb american casualties, while Japanese casualties were not our primary concern we did not want to destroy the entire civilization of Japan over a war that they started. American forces were poised to invade mainland japan, but that would have meant massive casualties on BOTH sides. Now, I for one, do believe that at the time when the bombs were dropped, that we could have settled the war diplomatically, but the bombs did just as well but caused major damage to what trust the Japanese of that time had with americans. They are STILL feeling the after effects of that action. Now. As for your religion being a peaceful one, Yes. It is. BUT. Your leaders twist and construe the word of Alah(or whatever it's called) and use it to make people think that killing in THEIR name is the same as killing the name of God. I don't consider all muslims or arabs to be evil, but I would gladly put a bullet in anyones head that considers themself a friend or comrade of ANYONE involved in the September 11th crashes. Those people on the planes and those people in the buildings were just living their lives, It's not like they were military personel. They killed women, children, old men and women, rescue personel, fire fighters, police, EMS, buisnessmen, secretaries. None of these people deserved to die. I'm sure we americans wouldn't have been so ticked off if they had crashed into a maximum secrurity prison, but a INternational buisness center? That's a wrong against Humanity. That's a wrong against Americans, Japanese, French, English, and many many other countries that had offices there. Now. I think you should stop voicing your opinions so loud until you actually KNOW what you are talking about. I've said my peace.

Kevin Tillman, 21
Retired US Marines(1999-2003)
Texas, United States of America

I'm Kevin Tillman.
Japanese Exchange and Teaching ALT
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Opinions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: