Site Search:

Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

what if dreams can really come true?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> The Strange and Mysterious
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ashlee sun

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 3:18 am    Post subject: what if dreams can really come true? Reply with quote

have you ever experienced that what you have dreamed of really coming true? i have had several exmeriences about that. once i dreamed of my test scores the day before we got the exam results, which turned out to be exactly the same as my real results. i also dreamed that one of my best friends had her hair cut, several days after she really did so! same things happened from time to time! what about you?

Last edited by ashlee sun on Mon May 15, 2006 4:05 am; edited 1 time in total
angelwing

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well then most of the time the world would be really scary because of all the nightmares. One possible explanation for dreams is that our brain is playing out possibilities for the future so that we are better prepared when they come, so maybe sometimes they will come true.

Norm
And I listen to the music
Beautiful music
Yes I listen to the music
Beautiful music"
19thThinker

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few weeks ago I dreamed of winning in the lottery..... I didn't Cool
elvajoycee

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 4:01 am    Post subject: My dream came true Reply with quote

If your dream can come true, sometimes it is a good thing,sometimes it is totally bad. I had a nightmare some weeks ago. In my dream, my father had an car accident and I kept on crying and felt breathless. It caused me to wake up. The next day, I came back home from school on weekend, my mother told me my father had an accident on the way to home and the time is about 10 o'clock yesterday, exactly the same to the time I dreamed it. My dreadly dream came true. It is the worst thing I experienced in my dream. I think there are some invisiable connects and the sixth feeling between my parents and me. Maybe that is love.
ashlee sun

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, people, for sharing with me your opinions.
It is indeed quite strange, right, dreaming about what is going to happen? But Angelwing, maybe you haven't notived that, the worst thing is, that we cannot do anything to prevent what is destined to happen from actually happening! Sometimes immediately after I said something, I realised in a flash that I had said exactly the same WORDS in my dreams! At the same time, I just knew what people were going to respond--the exact same words I've heard in my dreams! However, nothing could be done to change it. Things just happened naturally and you even wouldn't have time to think of changing it!
So in my imagination, it might be that there is another world parallel to our world, where the other "copies" of ourselves are living. And there is something like a "river" seperating us and we cannot see each other. Due to the refraction made by the "river", which is, of course, transparent, we are several steps behind the actions taken by ourselves in the paralleled world. And dreams, therefore, may serve as the media of "reflecting", (not "predicting") what had already happened... Sounds a little silly, isn't it? So what's your opinion?
P.S. Elvajoycee, let's hope it is love that connects us! However, there are things that cannot be explained in this way, right?
ltp-008

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What functions do the dreams have?scientists say that dreams play a very important role in our daily lives.Almost everyday we have dreams during our sleep,but scientists still don't understand what functions the dreams have,they only know little about them,a few years ago,scientists did a test in which people were divided into two groups,people in one group were continuingly woken up during their dreams ,people in another group were continuingly woken up during their sleep withou dreams which their eyeballs didn't move rapidly,the result is very interesting,people in group one who were continuingly woken up during their dreams appeared tired and annoyance,people in group two who were contineingly woken up appeared no signs of tired and annoyance.So scientists concluded that dreams have very mysterious functions in our lives.

I have heard of that the dreams are the reality which your life acts in another parallel planet, if it is true,your brain has telergy with another yourself,if so ,how interesting our lives are!

During my childhood,we used to dream that I could fly in the sky,sometimes I dropped down from high buildings,but everytime I dreamed I fell down from high buildings,I immediately woke up.When I woke up,I felt luck that this is only a dream.But everytime when I dreamed I flied in the sky,I didn't wake up,I enjoyed the great feeling.

Do you ever dream that you can fly in the sky?
Winkydragonfly

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 7:23 pm    Post subject: Re: what if dreams can really come true? Reply with quote

ashlee sun wrote:
once i dreamed of my test scores the day before we got the exam results, which turned out to be exactly the same as my real results.

Yes,I have this kind of experience.
I dreamt my performance,that day after that day,the result came out,the point it was the one that I had dreamt!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> The Strange and Mysterious All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: