Site Search:

Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

50000 errors in the Bible !!
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Culture
View previous topic :: View next topic  
a_muslim_guy

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 9:18 am    Post subject: 50000 errors in the Bible !! Reply with quote

i like to demonstrate a book that demonstrated 50000 errors in the Bible . made by:Ahmed Dedat.

http://www.jamaat.net/bible/AwakeArticle(1957).html
pugachevV

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who cares?
Hayde

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am Agnostic (I don't believe in anything, I don't know what's next). I don't believe in God, but I don't know if there isn't. I am also not a big fan of organized religion, the one that I know best ofcourse being Christianity. But I never like it when other people of different religions have to make their religion stronger by putting another down. I am assuming you are muslim. If you want to talk about the good things about you religion, please do so! But putting down another one doesn't make yours any better.
Though I do agree with a_muslim_guy and I can not believe in a book written 2000 years ago, I respect that other people have different opinions. And everyone should be able to believe in what they want. That is what free will is (something religious people say "God" gave us).
a_muslim_guy

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I respect all religions , however i beleive that they are all false except my religion . not because i am muslim , but because i have proofs that proves that islam is the true religion,

Hayde,
i cant imagine how can someone in the 21th century still belive that there is no God!
how can you explain death ? logically do you have an explanation for death ? can you explain why there is male and female ? can you explain why especially human is the only living organism that can develope and invent more than animals ?
ok , may be you belive in No-God because you havent seen God , well , but you still belive in things you havent seen before , do you belive that electricity exist ? but you didnt see electricity before ! but you still belive that electricity exist . you still belive that electricity exists because you see its result . and i didnt see God and still belive in God because i see result of God , dont you see all creatures all around you ? and how animal cell works ? andd how is your body organized with no single mistake ? will this be created by chance ? or it needs an organizer to organize it ?
I think we are in a scientific age . so how can you still dont belive in God and many wonderful scientific facts are discovered , and logically all this nature with no single mistake cannot be created by chance . it needs an organizer to do it . thus, i consider all this a scientific proof for God existance.
Lorikeet

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

a_muslim_guy wrote:
I respect all religions , however i beleive that they are all false except my religion . not because i am muslim , but because i have proofs that proves that islam is the true religion,

Sigh...I don't know how you can say you respect all religions, and then say yours is the only true one and the rest are false. I think more people have died because of religious wars than any other kind, and anyone who thinks their religion is the "best" or "only true religion" and all the rest are "false" is adding to the problem.
pugachevV

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just because you don't know the answer to some questions doesn't mean god did it.
Personally I don't see how anyone can believe in god in the 21st century.
Hayde

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with pugachevV. I don't know how anyone now can believe in a God nowadays. But, What people believe in doesn't affect me that much.
Though, a_muslim_guy, I do like to see an actual debate about religion. Usually religious people just quote the Koran or the Bible. You atleast give reasons for your beliefs, which is nice to see Smile . I still don't agree with them though.

As for seeing things and just assuming things, well, that isn't the best way to live. Do you know about all the "crop cricles" found in the world? Many people saw them and said, well, they must have been made by aliens. That is the same reasoning you are giving. It isn't really logical. (though I do believe we aren't the only life out there, I don't think we have been visited by aliens).
As for the universe, have you ever studied statistics? There were probably millions of universes before ours and none of them worked. It just happens the one we are in was the one which did. It's like gambling. Sooner or later you would win. It is just a matter of time.

Also, the body is made with mistakes. Look at all the genetic problems the human race has. Not to mention, why do we have an appendix?

The thing is, I can't prove there is a god, and you can't prove there isn't. The whole idea of "faith" means believing without needing proof. I can't say there isn't a God, I have no real proof. But unless you have some actual scientific proof detailed with facts then you can't prove there is one. That is why I think everyone should just believe what they want and not bother with what others think. The world would be such a better place.
a_muslim_guy

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didnt you hear about islam before ? didnt you read about it ? did you hear about Koran before ? didnt you see the scientific facts mentioned in Koran ? and these scientific facts were not discovered till the 20th century . how can someone in the 5th century author a book that talked about scientific facts that was discovered recently ? [[ i want you to ANSWER this question especially ]] if you think that i am lying then read this book (it is not a large book) : http://sultan.org/articles/QScience.html ,

but tell me , explain for me death and how was human created and his body is organized , cells are secure and organized and every thing is perfectly made , how can this created by chance ???!!!!!!!! Answer this Question for me please . if you dont have an answer then your ideas are not true

if you say religious wars killed many , i say islam didnt fight people as attacking but only defending , religious muslims (not nowdays muslims and i am talking about real muslims not false ones) prefared peace than war . other religions you can say that their wars are bad [/b]
a_muslim_guy

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

why do i say true religion and false religion ? firstly all religions came from God , but over time people changed in it so it is no longer the origional one . so God restore religion again by somebody , over time it is changed again , each change differs from a place to another according to people thoughts . Mohamed, a messenger from God , restored religion again , and is the last messenger from God , he restored religion but this time there is people that can carry it and protect it from changes , this religion is islam , although people changed in it and branches of islam but still the origional islam exists carried by few people today.
i know it seems for you as a myth but it is true . it is not a theory it is events that happend truly .
if not , why do you think religion appeared ? why did people go no religions ?
a_muslim_guy

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

God was not known by reasoning . people will not imagiine such things unless God messengers came and told them there is God . the proofs i gave you was not givin by messengers . these are modern proofs ,
loveville

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 5:45 pm    Post subject: peace be upon u Reply with quote

dear Hayde,

islam is the best way of life..it doesn't mean that because we are the muslim followers that make us agree about the muslim_guy statement but, as a human being it is naturally to believe that there is the Greatest and Almighty God that control and created everything in this universe. There is no such thing as naturally born, there must be the creator who sets all this thing..sometimes things become worst if we keep thinking about logical things for things that our brain cannot reach to..in islam,we had been taught about unseen things such as air..did u ever wonder that we know and still believe about the existense of air but there is no way for us to see it.however.according to the research,we know that the air exists...so,what we are trying to express here is the same theory for the existence of god....we will never see Him..but He truly exists..in our heart..ask yourself...not everything has an explanation or reason..spirit,talent,potential and feeling..so,tell me now,how can you explain such things like that?
Hayde

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My mother use to say there were butterflies in my stomach whenever I was very nervous. I couldn't explain it and it sure felt like butterflies were there, so I believed it. I later learned there weren't any. The butterfly story was better, and more interesting. I wish I could just say there were butterflies in my stomach, it would make me feel a lot better when I become nervous. But alas, there aren't any.
Hayde

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But, I have a Bachelor of Computer Science, and spent five years studying logic. Unfortunately, your statements do not show proof. There are no logical steps from your theories to your conclusions.
a = b and b = c
-> a = c

but you are saying... does't work.
a = b and c = d
-> a = d

I can't say there isn't a god, because while there is no proof there is one, there is also no proof that there isn't one. But I will not say there is a god without logical, concrete proof.
asterix

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let me just say that if there is a god, what has he done for us lately?
pugachevV

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look around you. Everywhere disgusting behaviours - kidnapping, decapitations, blowing up children and outrageous crime.
Is more likely Satan is in charge.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Culture All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: