Site Search:

Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Chinese kong-fu

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Film and Cinema
View previous topic :: View next topic  
charliechf

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 9:22 pm    Post subject: Chinese kong-fu Reply with quote

Do you like chinese kong-fu film?
And which is your favorite?
Like "Hero"?
===========================
I'm Charlie.From China.
charliechf@gmail.com
zhaoyaya2006may

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 1:56 am    Post subject: just so so Reply with quote

BUT!!!!I like <kongfu> of zhouxingchi < STEFEN CHO>
my favorite !! Very Happy
Pommezani

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 3:04 pm    Post subject: wow Reply with quote

I LOVE kung fu movies!!! hero is great, my favorite one is The House of The Flying Daggers. it's so beautiful... all those colours, etc..
fionalin7

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i love kung fu movies... my most favorite movie was kung fu hustle... very funny. lol Laughing

"A life lived in fear is a life half lived"
ad-miral

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My favourite one is called "Ong Bak", it's not Kong Fu but it's Thai Boxing, but they are nearly the same.
ad-miral

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh and I like Bruce Lee the most. He is very strong.
Pommezani

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

have you seen the last movie with Tony Jaa (I think it's the name of the hero in Ong Bak...)? I think the name is something like the honor of the dragon... taht' the tittle here in France. But in French.. Wink i didn't see it, cause I don't want to see an Ong Bak ll .. tell me about it!!

and what does everybody think about Jackie Chan?
I like him, he is funny, but his movies are more for younger people... i think to like kung-fu (for French people), you start watching Jackie Chan, and you finish by Bruce Lee, Jet Li, Tony Jaa, etc but my favorite jackie Chan movies are Rush Hour l & ll ...
ad-miral

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know Ong Bak! A good movie!

Pommezani are you doing kickboxing, too? I know a french guy who do it too, and I have heard from him that kickboxing is popular in Paris.

The actors you listed up, Bruce Lee, Jet Li, Tony Jaa are all very good martial artists, I like them, too!
Pommezani

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes!! they are very very good!! but I don't do kickboxing... the thing is that I'm not able to do those sports when you have to win a battle.. cause I don't really care about winning, and the person that I have to battle with really wants to win.. and I'm a very nice person, so I let them win, cause they're happy then!! that's the truth, i'm not lying... So kickboxing is not a sport for me.. but yes, it's really popular in Paris, and in some parks, during lunch, you can see them practizing etc.. very cool..

I'm practizing Qi-Gong... it's the kung-fu movments, but slower and that's better for me: I'm not a doing-things-quickly person... Laughing I'm kidding but Qi-Gong is very great, I love it, and it's really helpful for a lot of things..

so what about the new movie of Tony Jaa?
I really liked the new movie of Jet Li, when he is Huo Yuanjia ! really great movie.
skyoasis

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the "Kung Fu Hustle".
It's a comedy with Chinese Kung Fu.
And,Kung Fu Hustle is a humorous parody and mockery of the wuxia genre, played and directed by Stephen Chow.
I like the director's funny style.
So, I recommend the good film.
Whe I feel boring, I can choose to watch it. Very Happy
By the way,it introduced many Chinese Kung Fu,ex:Lion's roar , Eight Trigram Staff ,practices Hung family Iron Wire kung fu and 12 Kicks of the Tam School in film,it's so inconceivable!!!
And this a Kung Fu Hustle poster
jarodlovely

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Steven Chow! I don't think Chang Yimou is good at directing Kongfu movies. Hero and The House of Flying Daggers sack!
Pommezani

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jarodlovely wrote:
I like Steven Chow! I don't think Chang Yimou is good at directing Kongfu movies. Hero and The House of Flying Daggers sack!

what is "sack"? is it good or bad? Confused
jarodlovely

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry, I spell it wrong Razz it sucks (which means bad) Confused
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Film and Cinema All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: