Site Search:

Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Please tell me your country's food!!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Food
View previous topic :: View next topic  
iswriting

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 5:32 am    Post subject: Please tell me your country's food!!!! Reply with quote

Hi!!!!! Nice to meet you!! I'm a Japanese girl Razz

I have concern about foreign countries food Exclamation

So,I want to know your country's food!!

So,please write here↓↓↓

What food do your country have? Very Happy
galanoss

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice to meet you too Japanese girl! I'm from Turkey. My name is murat.
As I understand, you mean traditional dishes. Turkish Cuisine has a wide range of tastes. Thus, the list will be long! Smile

TRADITIONAL DISHES:
Dolma: any filled or stuffed vegetable. The term means to stuff, the most famous filled grape leaves
Sarma: any dish of wrapped leaves of grape, or cabbage; fillings are either minced meat or rice.
Manti: small pastries filled with minced meat, similar to ravioli, but very small.
Kofte: any dish made with ground meats, or bulgar and rice meat mixture; skewered, baked, and fried versions exist.
Cacik: grated cucumber with diluted yogurt, garlic, salt, sprinkled with dill and olive oil.
Pilaki: a bean dish cooked in olive oil, served cold with lemon.
Borek: filled pastries in various shapes, baked, fried, or grilled

TURKISH KEBABS:
D�ner kebab: D�ner kebab, is a sliced lamb or chicken loaf slowly roasted on a vertical rotating spit. D�ner kebab is popularly best known served in pita bread with salad but is also served on a dish with a salad and bread. D�ner Kebab is said to be the best-selling fast food in Germany
Shish kebab: Shish kebab is a wooden or metal stick (a skewer) with small cubes of any kind of meat, fowl, fish, fruit, or vegetable (usually a combination) that is roasted on a grill.
Tandir Kebab: Tandir kebab simply is lamb pieces(sometimes whole lamb) cooked in a pit.

TRADITIONAL DESSERTS:
Turkish delight: Lokum, made of sugar, cornstarch, gelatin, grape juice and flavoring agents.
Baklava: This sweet dessert consists of many layers of butter-drenched phyllo pastry, spices and chopped nuts. A spiced honey-lemon syrup is poured over the warm pastry after it`s baked and allowed to soak into the layers. Before serving, the dessert is cut into triangles and sometimes sprinkled with coarsely ground nuts
Kadayif: finely shredded pastry used to make a dessert. It looks like shredded wheat cereal.
Ashure: a pudding made of cereals, dried and fresh fruits, nuts, sugar and spices, referred to as "Noah's pudding."
Halvah: a sweetmeat dessert of flour, semolina, butter, sugar, milk, and nuts.

TRADITIONAL DRINKS:
Turkish Coffee: A strong coffee brewed from finely ground beans and spices, and boiled three times in a special container
Raki: Raki is a distilled alcoholic beverage strongly aromatized with anise-seed.
Boza: Boza is a fermented beverage or beer, made from fermented maize.
Sahlep: The hot drink of cold winter days made from the dried powdered roots of a mountain orchid. Sahlep powder is mixed with milk and sugar and boiled.
Ayran: a drink of beaten yogurt, cold water and salt.
galanoss

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want to learn more about Turkish Cuisine, you can visit these sites:

http://www.allaboutturkey.com/mutfak.htm
http://www.sallys-place.com/food/ethnic_cusine/turkey.htm
http://www.mymerhaba.com/en/main/content.asp_Q_id_E_169
http://www.tulumba.com/store.asp?tag=r02
http://www.turizm.net/turkey/tips/storyfood.html
http://www.turkeytravelplanner.com/details/Food/FoodDrinkMain.html

Or, you can also ask me by e-mail!

[email protected]
iswriting

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you!!!!!murat!!!! Very Happy

You are very kind!!!!!

Your reply is very benefit to me Very Happy and,You introduced to me these sites

is very good and interesting Exclamation

So, I'm glad and enjoyed,because I could know your many country food.

Moreover Turkish Cuisine is very appetizing Embarassed

Thanks a lot Exclamation
dorami03

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 7:03 pm    Post subject: A Japanese food!! Reply with quote

Hi!! I'm Japanese girl Very Happy

My country's popular food is "sushi"

Most foreigner are eat sushi,and it is popular with them.

Would you like to eat "sushi" when you come to Japan Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Food All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: