Site Search:

Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Why do we need to listen to God?!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> The Strange and Mysterious
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chi-kei

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2003 1:56 am    Post subject: Re: Why do we need to listen to God?! Reply with quote

sofia22 wrote:
Hey chi-kei,

how are ya? I have a good idea for ya Very Happy . You want to know "why do we need to listen to God?" well I don't have the answer for ya, but I dare you to read the Bible, all of it. And I promise you, that if your question isn't answered, then you'll really know if there's a reason to listen to God. Wink But before you make up your mind, maybe it's a good idea to get to know better what you are refusing. Because if you never know exactly who God is, then how do you know weither you made the right decision or not concerning your faith? Rolling Eyes Try it and let me know how it goes! Wink here's a great online Bible with international translations http://www.gospelcom.net/ibs/index.php

God Bless!
Kristelle
[email protected]

Thank you for your sharing. Indeed, I have read the Bible when I was young, because I was studying in a christian primary school. Of couse, I didn't read it whole obviously. But the most thing I concern is why do we listen to god, why do we need to read Bible? In my mind, Bible is merely a story book, it's different to a historical book. We all can't not prove that the sourceinside of it is true or not.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
FreedomSphere

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2003 5:48 pm    Post subject: Listen to Who? Go Ahead, I'm Listening... Reply with quote

"If the world ever caught on that Religion is big business just like any other, the mass population would notice their eyes open to many truths".

Lucifer's Law

I am not Satanic by any stretch of the imagination. In fact, I have more faith and virtue than ANY religious follower. Why? Here are some facts:

Whether it is called lawfulness, morality, the Constitution, Bible, Koran... or ethics, all human laws are Luciferian and lead to disorder and death. Their aim is to create division between good and evil, instigate fights to determine who is right and who is wrong. Duality between good and evil leads to division and war. It benefits Lucifer: DIVIDE AND CONQUER.
Does this sound familiar in World Politics?

I have asked myself who made these laws. Not me, that is for sure.
It is the ruling minority and BIG MONEY....
Good and evil are creations of XXXXXXXXXX to benefit XXXXXXXXXX!

Blind Obedience.

The goal of mental manipulation is blind obedience. It has been practised for thousands of years. We all do it, even with our children. We use authority to force compliance, for them to behave according to our will. We practice conditional love. We make the most terrible that a child can be exposed to "no longer loving if" or "loving only so long as"...
In our hearts we don't believe this type of conditional love, but we practice it everyday regardless if it is good or bad...

We thirst for freedom, yet all the while we are imprisoned by conditioned beliefs and paralysed by fear. Freedom and Religion do not go well together. They are constantly at odds with one another. And since both are constant companions, the stage is set for a permanent dual.

Religion is the overall ranked #1 "fear tactic" on the planet.
Yet, everyone understands "what looks good on the outside is not necessarily very appealing from the inside".
What is it about Religion that attracts so many people?
Millions of individuals are looking to God for their answers.
Answers to oppose negative realities which exist in their life.
Why do so many people believe in the comfort of an entity from a universe we cannot yet explore?

Imagine yourself on another planet far from earth.
How is your religion beneficial to you there?
Of course you may have questions that are in need of answers, but where do you believe those answers come from? An unknown entity?
They come from your subconscious, from the subconscious of others globally and universally, not some unknown entity...

Why is it so difficult in the realization between the choices of good and bad without the outside influence of an unknown entity? Scapegoat?

Is it easier to fall back on something else rather than your own words and beliefs? Why do you believe there are so many varieties of religions anyway? The individuals that do not want to follow the word of another person creates their own form of religion.
The list just gets bigger and bigger...

Is it not possible to do just that? Or are you too small and inadequate?
Religion keeps you in this exact fear and therefore away from your own trustworthy beliefs. Yes have faith, yes have hope, yes have good morals, and yes have good common sense, but have it in you and not programmed into you because of another person's belief in some unknown entity. Or do you really know this entity we call God?

Sure you do...

It is everything,

It is all of us,

IT IS YOURSELF.
Honey

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2003 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello!

Some points to think about:
- We must know HOW to read the Bible and, therefore, to consider it as a simple historical book or a meaningful document we must really appreciate. It involves many things that must be reflected, not just read.
- If we think about religion... You can be sure faith will be gone! However, believing in Jehovah isn't "to belong to a religion". There are many "Christians", but just a few do know what it means.
- Free will... that's all. But history has proved human power isn't the best option. It's up to you.
- Again religion... or main groups (why not, domination). The fact that a religious group owns many members doesn't mean it's the representation of God's will.
- God's not religion. God's not an impersonal being. God isn't yourself. God's not a belief. GOD IS REAL. To listen to him depends on you. If you don't want to listen to Him, you're free to do it.

But there're enough evidences that show He exists. Wink
BG

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2003 10:45 pm    Post subject: NONSENSE Reply with quote

WHY YOU BELIEVE IN GOD?! Question Exclamation BECAUSE IF YOU DO NOT BELIEVE IN HIM, YOU WILL BE NO BETTER THAN AN ANIMAL.BECAUSE YOU DO NOT KNOW WHAT IS GOOD FOR YOU AND HE KNOWS....BYE
BakaGaijin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2003 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would you rather be a christian(or whatever) and be wrong(and just die and disapear) or be and athiest and be wrong(go to hell)?

I'm Kevin Tillman.
Japanese Exchange and Teaching ALT
yuriko

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2003 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,I am Japanese girl. I am athiest. Japanese yang people are almost athiest. But, we celebrate Christmas and New Year's Day. We don't go to a church,because we are not christian, but we go to a temple, although we are not Buddhist. Why? I don't know. To going to a temple when it is New Year's Day is custom.I think Japanese are open-minded about religion.
BG

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2003 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Would you rather be a christian(or whatever) and be wrong(and just die and disapear) or be and athiest and be wrong(go to hell)?

"WA ITHA KHATABAHUM AL JAHILONA QALO SALAMA"
Honey

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2003 10:13 am    Post subject: Re: NONSENSE Reply with quote

BG wrote:
WHY YOU BELIEVE IN GOD?! Question Exclamation BECAUSE IF YOU DO NOT BELIEVE IN HIM, YOU WILL BE NO BETTER THAN AN ANIMAL.BECAUSE YOU DO NOT KNOW WHAT IS GOOD FOR YOU AND HE KNOWS....BYE
Animals are better than me... Rolling Eyes Razz

It's not any fact of religion, but when you're open-minded and you try to be sincere with yourself, you'll see that we've got a large quantity of evidences of God's existence and power.

In my case, believing in God has been very useful for giving a real hope to my life. Thanks to that true believe and faith, I'm FREE of wrong believes, feelings, thoughts, fears and habits. I'm proud to say that believing in God has helped me having a good life. Of course, problems are never absent, but he gives me enough strenght to go ahead.

And you say it is not valuable? Rolling Eyes

* By the way, it also sets me free from believing of a hellfire! Mr. Green
BakaGaijin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2003 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yuriko wrote:
Hi,I am Japanese girl. I am athiest. Japanese yang people are almost athiest. But, we celebrate Christmas and New Year's Day. We don't go to a church,because we are not christian, but we go to a temple, although we are not Buddhist. Why? I don't know. To going to a temple when it is New Year's Day is custom.I think Japanese are open-minded about religion.

It's better to have customs than nothing at all. I'm a huge fan of Traditional Japanese customs.

I'm Kevin Tillman.
Japanese Exchange and Teaching ALT
oinrocinu

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2003 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can belive in the existence of a god, but this doesn't implies the said existence. For me, it's just a probability question: I think that it's very improbable this existence (0.000000000001), in the same way that I think that it's very improbable the existence of an amusement park like Disneyland at the bottom of the Pacific Ocean (well, we haven't explore all the ocean). There are people who think that the probability is bigger (close to 1) because or different reason (need, fear, conviction....).

See you!

Lola
chrisk

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2003 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I listen to God though my thoughts, my prayers, my activities, people and in the things I read, books, pamphlets, and the Bible. I listen to God because it satisfies my craving for inner peace. One thing I have learned is that one doesn't need a holy book in order to find God or listen to God. The Bible, Koran, whathaveyou is irrevelent in the discovery but once you find God you must listen to the vocation He perscribes to you. Once you hear your calling then you are to practice this calling, which might entail reading a holy book. I can offer no clear reason for you to listen to God since you have chosen the vocation to close yourself off to Him. Perhaps, one day, you will hear God. I will pray that day comes (if you don't mind that is Wink )
liebe

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2004 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm an atheist, and I'm glad I'm one. To your question--people invented god to find answer they did not have, it was a long time ago, when there was no science. Nowadays that we have the science that helps us find explanations, people who believe in god believe in him because it makes them feel secure, it relaxes them to know that there is a divine force who will help them in case they need someone. They're too weak to face the truth. I hate religions. Throughout history religion has always been a uniting force among those who believe in it and a force of hatred and violence towards those who disagree with it. Think about how many people have died for various religions, for what? For nothing! I hate war. I hate nationalism. I hate patriotism. I hate the Nazis. I hate all those things, they're so stupid. We're all people, that is right! We're all the same, we all have a heart, two legs, two eyes, we all have feelings, we all need love--nationality, religion, race, they seem to make us look different, but they aren't!!!!!!
Why don't I personally believe in God? Well, if God existed, then Hitler would have never gained power in Germany... No, it's not just THAT. Think about the largest religions--Judaism, Christianity, Islam. They all talk about justice, about rightiousness, about the "bad" people being punished, and the "good" receiving their rewards. Sorry, I don't see that happening, not on this planet... Where is the justice, that some people are born rich, have everything, know no troubles, no difficulty, no real hard work, and some people born poor, have no opputunities, and no matter how hard they work, they can never pull themselves out. I had a really good friend, when I was a child. She was the kindest girl I've met. She had asthma, alergies, diabities, her family was a bit poor, and her life was always so difficult. Where is the justice in that? That's the thing. There's no justice in this world, and that's why I don't believe in God.
chawdy84

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2004 11:45 pm    Post subject: Re: i don't believe the god!!!!!!!! Reply with quote

takenori15162000 wrote:
Hi!! i think i can't believe the god !
because I have never seen him ,
and he have never given some presents and good things!
so i can't believe! i believe me !
please reply!

A: How do I know God exists?
Q: Like the wind, I can't see Him, but I can feel Him.
piROSEnk

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2004 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excuse me!!
Would you stop for a moment?!
O...man...Haven't you thought-one day- about yourself ?
Who has made it?
Have you seen a design which hasn't a designer ?!
Have you seen a wonderful,delicate work without a worker ?!
It's you and the whole universe!..
Who has made them all ?!!
You know who ?.. It's "ALLAH",prise be to him.
Just think for a moment.
How are you going to be after death ?!
Can you believe that this exact system of the universe and all of these great creation will end in in nothing...just after death!
Have you thought, for a second, How to save your soul from Allah's punishment?!
Haven't you thought about what is the right religion?!
Read ... and think deeply before you answer..
It is religion of Islam.
It is the religion that Mohammad-peace upon him- the last prophet, had been sent by.
It is the religion that the right Bible- which is not distorted-has preached.
Just have a look at The Bible of (Bernaba).
Don't be be emotional .
Be rational and judge..
Just look..listen...compare..and then judge and say your word.
I advise you to visit :
http://www.thetruereligion.org
coffeedecafe

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2004 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

like the wind , i cannot see him but i can feel him...

interesting statement. it sounds a little like what jesus said, except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of god..marvel not...the wind blows where it wants, and you hear the sound of it, but cannot tell where it comes from or where it goes. everyone who is born of the spirit is like that.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> The Strange and Mysterious All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: