Site Search:

Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Problems of teenagers

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Family
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Astron

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2003 8:15 pm    Post subject: Problems of teenagers Reply with quote

Hallo to everyone!
Exclamation Don't you think that the problem that forms the topic of my request, is worth speaking nowadays. Don't you think that drugs, underage drinking and hte practise of crime is too widespread in the teenagers' circles today?
Question What do YOU think about all that? Write something about...
I'm a newcomer, so it will be certainly interesting for me to meet new people.

Thank you.[/b]
advoca

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2003 10:03 pm    Post subject: Russian Teenagers Reply with quote

Hi,

An interesting topic to talk about is Russian Teenagers.

You imply that there is a problem with drugs and so on. Give us your views and opinions. What do typical Russian teenagers do? Where do they go? How do they get the drugs?

Are they not able to do the normal things that teenagers do? Do they have opportunities to mix with friends of the opposit sex?

Tell us more.
kelvinton

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2004 11:52 am    Post subject: Kawin INC 46211802 Reply with quote

Hello I�m Kawin Tantawewong. I�m Thai teenager. In my country there are many problems of the teenager. I think family is the first thing that is important for teenager. If the parents have the time for teenager to ask some problems and talk together so parents will know every problems and could help teenager to solve them. But if the member in the family do not have the time to talk together, when teenager have the problem they will talk with their friends. If their friends are bad they will order or tell that teenager to go to join the bad things that they have done before like drugs, thief and crime so the friend is important for teenager so much, too. If the teenager do not stay at home on holiday or in the night, spend more money and like to stay alone. Please take care them more to protect and help them from the problem that will be happen. Try to take the teenager to the some places that they do not have drinking, dancing or sex such as temple or museum. I think it can help them so much about their problems. Try to teach them to control their opinion their idea and every thing that they think. I think it is the best way because I have done it before. You can ask me about how to control and how to teach.
PIKAPIKA

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 8:56 pm    Post subject: Hi☆ Reply with quote

It's my first participation,and I want to talk about this topics!
We have many teen's problem in the world , about crime, drug, young pregnenancy,violence or someting.
I think family plays an important role in our life.
Parents have to teach the correct knowledge about it, and let's talk about these problems.
We are still younger, but we can change the world, change yourself, change your friends.
We have to study all things, talk to many people.
Take courage! I want to change about it, too.
saw

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2004 10:58 pm    Post subject: Problem of teenagers Reply with quote

Today, teenagers'problems are increased. Some problems are serious problem of our world. Therefore, problems of teenagers are very big problems for 2 reasons. first,problems of teenagers affect everyone. They affect our society and econamy of our country. For example, fighting among teenagers in Bangkok make people get hurt and some people die. The government should provice a budget for solving this problem. Second, teenagers are the future of our world, since good teenagers can help deverlop our country and our world in the future. In conclusion, the problem of teenagers are big problems. We must help solve these problems sapidly. What are your methods to solve the teenagers'problems?
liebe

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2004 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know that the most serious problems with teenagers nowadays are irresponsible sex, crime, drugs, alcohol and other irresponsible activities. But there are other problems, too. I've never really had those serious problems, I've never used drugs, even when I had the opportunity to, I've never got drunk, I've never killed anyone, etc. My main problem as a teenager was loneliness. My family moved to the U.S when I was 14, to live in a small town. I went to a high school where everyone knew each other since kindergarten, everyone had friends and no one was interested in me. I was soooo alone!!! I hardly had anyone to talk to. I had no boyfriends, which frustrated me. I kept thinking "I'm not ugly, I'm not a complete idiot, I'm a friendly, supportive person. What's wrong with me??? Why is it that I have no boyfriend?" It seemed to me that EVERYBODY except me had a boyfriend or a girlfriend. Well, eventually I got used to being alone... Now I am no longer a teenager (good for me...), no longer in school. I feel much happier. I am excited about going to college, studying hard, meeting new people and finding a good job. I think that teenagers have all those problems because of our society. Our society creates this stressful environment, it creates an image that "if you are a worthy person, you are rich, beautiful, have many friends and all the boys are running after you". It frustrates teenagers when they cannot achieve this ideal. I've learned to create my own ideals and to follow them. I'd suggest other teenagers to do the same.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Family All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: