Site Search:

Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

children shouldnot see horor movie

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Film and Cinema
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sheikha_222

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 10:18 pm    Post subject: children shouldnot see horor movie Reply with quote

first,chlidren shouldn't see horor movie because they will be frightend on the night

second,the heror movie make child to be frightend also when he get bigger.

third,the heror movie change child's mind and makes him to be violent. maibie he kills his small sister or brother
beancurdturtle

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobody should see horror movies, especially children.

Why would anyone want to fill their brain with garbage?

�Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.�
--Dr. Seuss
SunsetShadow

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i mostly agree. i'm old enough for horror movies now, but still, they freak me out. i stopped watching them like a year ago, and still sometimes i can't sleep coz i have to think about those movies all the time....it's just horrible
i don't know why they're produced anyway....i mean, what do you have from watching them? nothing good, and as you said earlier, violence can be created
KHF

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not every horror movie is violent, though more often than not violence is used as a form of expression. Some would call The Sixth Sense a horror movie when there is very little violence. On the other hand, Saw is definetely violent through and through, yet what really makes it captivating isn't the gore at all (the very reason why Saw II sucks compared to the original). The common element between the two though, is that they tell quality stories and will keep you pondering well after you finish watching. Deeming all horror movies as braindead hollywood products is actually a pretty horrible stereotype by itself.

I agree, however, that children too young to be exposed to the themes should not watch horror movies.
beancurdturtle

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KHF wrote:
Deeming all horror movies as braindead hollywood products is actually a pretty horrible stereotype by itself.

I agree, however, that children too young to be exposed to the themes should not watch horror movies.

You can have a compelling story with a horrifying theme no doubt.

Personally the themes of horror are not what I want to feeding my mind.

Nice avatar BTW.

�Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.�
--Dr. Seuss
SunsetShadow

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the problem with horror movies is, that even when you think you'll be ok with watching them, you're not affected by them, you only think like that normally...then for example when it's dark outside, night, and you go home alone, those movies come back to your mind
fionalin7

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SunsetShadow wrote:
the problem with horror movies is, that even when you think you'll be ok with watching them, you're not affected by them, you only think like that normally...then for example when it's dark outside, night, and you go home alone, those movies come back to your mind

i agree... specially when you close your eyes, it all comes back to your memory...

"A life lived in fear is a life half lived"
welkins2139

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 5:08 pm    Post subject: Re: children shouldnot see horor movie Reply with quote

sheikha_222 wrote:
first,chlidren shouldn't see horor movie because they will be frightend on the night

second,the heror movie make child to be frightend also when he get bigger.

third,the heror movie change child's mind and makes him to be violent. maibie he kills his small sister or brother

Children are not old enough to see horror movies.

I remebered when I was a kid my uncle took me to see movie. I went into a theather where they showed a scary movie. After the movie, those scary scenes and scary things they talked about in movie, they came into me when I was sleeping. Sometimes they just popped up into my head coming out of nowwhere. Even after many years, I still rembered some horrific images.

Every time my little cousin and I went to see movies, I paid much atteniton of the rating. Because I did not want to responsible his nightmare when he saw a scary one.
sayu0816

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 9:40 pm    Post subject: Hi☆ Reply with quote

I agree.

I think children will be shocked by watching horor movies Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Film and Cinema All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: