Site Search:

Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bioethanol

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Science
View previous topic :: View next topic  
I am Christian

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 1:20 am    Post subject: Bioethanol Reply with quote

This is a my website about bioethanol: http://www.anzwers.org/free/energy1/bioethanol/index.html

Brazilian bioethanol now costs around 0.25-0.35 $/litre.
Industrial gasoline now costs around 0.7 $/litre.
USA tax on brazilian bioethanol is 0.54 $/gallon(3.8 litres).

Can bioethanol be a valid alternative?
Why USA taxes brazilian bioethanol?
erick_apuy

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

usa taxes bioetanol because them have a lot of oil so they have to protect them industry.............. where are you from?
String

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 6:51 am    Post subject: Re: Bioethanol Reply with quote

I am Christian wrote:
This is a my website about bioethanol: http://www.anzwers.org/free/energy1/bioethanol/index.html

Brazilian bioethanol now costs around 0.25-0.35 $/litre.
Industrial gasoline now costs around 0.7 $/litre.
USA tax on brazilian bioethanol is 0.54 $/gallon(3.8 litres).

Can bioethanol be a valid alternative?
Why USA taxes brazilian bioethanol?

the answer is no, because bioethanol comes from plants and orgainic wastes. human needs a large amount of enrgy everyday, the photosiyphote of the earth is not enough for us. so it is not a suitable energy for us.
if every car are using this fuel we will run out of food very quick
marti

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 2:32 am    Post subject: The fuel cell option Reply with quote

I agree with String that the main problem of the use of bioethanol is that it competes with natural resources and it can be a serious problem. Nowadays some countries have problems because a field that had been used to grow food is used to grow vegetable for bioethanol.

For this reason I want to introduce the fuel cell technology. I have read something about it and I hope it will be a good solution for the energetic world problem. This system is very new and nowadays only exist some prototypes, but some companies from California and other places are trying to make it cheapest and more efficient.
This technology is based in the use of cells as a generator to produce electricity. The way it works is an exchange of electrons between oxygen and hydrogen separated for a membrane.
Manufacturers are confident they can build vehicles using this technology, but the main problem is that hydrogen is a flammable gas and it is dispensed in a high pressure conditions.

As you can see it could be a good way to produce cheap an efficient energy and may be the future. What do you thing about it?.
I would like to know opinions about this kind of energy and I propose you some interesting web sites where you can see some information about this sort of energy and others that use microbes (this kind of technology is less advanced, but it is very interesting).
I hope you enjoy it,

Mart�

Online resources:
Web site about the fuel cell technology: http://www.howstuffworks.com/fuel-cell.htm/printable

Web site about microbial fuel cells: http://www.microbialfuelcell.org/www/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Science All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: