Site Search:

Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What's the latest book you've read?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Literature
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bob S.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cristi wrote:
cid wrote:
i just finished Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows.A cool book,recommended to be read by everyone.
I got to tell you that I also read the Deathly Hallows and it disappointed me terribly... Sad
Please don't say too much about it! As the dad of an energetic toddler, I rarely find free time to read, so I just recently finished "The Order of the Phoenix" Embarassed. I want to enjoy some lighthearted comedy pulp fiction before jumping back into "The Half-Blood Prince" hopefully over the winter holiday season.
Cristi

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bob S. wrote:
Please don't say too much about it! As the dad of an energetic toddler, I rarely find free time to read, so I just recently finished "The Order of the Phoenix" Embarassed. I want to enjoy some lighthearted comedy pulp fiction before jumping back into "The Half-Blood Prince" hopefully over the winter holiday season.

Hi Bob!

Okay, I won't say much... I don't like spoilers either... Harry Potter series are part of what we know as light literature, right? But the books are enternaining and are a nice way to learn more English. When I began them I was small, about 8 years old, so I liked them a lot. Now, I expected more from them, but I had to remember what they were written for...

I liked the Half Blood Prince the best. I think that one will always be my favourite from the series. Have fun reading it!

Right now I'm reading Utopia by Thomas More. It's quite interesting.

Good bye guys! Very Happy

"Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear--not absence of fear."
Mark Twain.
robert1325

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just finished "into the wild" by krakauer. After that I watched the movie.

The book made a profound impression on me, what a person he must have been. The movie was also good but not on the same level as the book, it felt a bit pretentious and contrived at times.

Worth seeing or reading though!
Claire321

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The latest one was the last book from Harry Potter series. I adore reading Harry potter story.
Fede_fede

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi everyone!
The latest book I've read is "the Master and Margarita", written by the Russian author Michail Bulgakov. I read it because I was supposed to read this and other novels for a literature exam at the university. At the beginning; I didn't like it, since the rhythm of the narration was quite "slow", but then I loved it! I suggest you to read it, it's a masterpiece of Russian literature. You may find some parts a little boring, that is, when the events concerning Jesus and its death are concerned, but the narration itself is really capturing.
If you allow me to suggest you another novel, this is "Storm Island", written by Ken Follett. I've read it 3 times, I love it!
Lenu

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Neapolitan Novels by Elena Ferrante - amazing!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Literature All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: