Site Search:

Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SHCOOL RULES

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lamia

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2003 5:45 am    Post subject: SHCOOL RULES Reply with quote

Hello. We are Guui middle school students in Korea.
We want to talk about our school life and find out your opinion about school rules. Most Korean schools have their school rules. Following the rules, we have to wear school uniforms. In addtion, we all must have short hair. Our teachers are always saying, "They look smart." Of course it may be true, but wearing uniforms and having short hair make us same . Our teenagers want to follow the fashon. Therefore, most Korean students , including me, disagree with these rules. what do you think? Please tell me your opinion about these things and your school rules.
toomuch

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2003 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Student Uniform is one of the way to control student. As the word "uniform"means unify the outlook of a group. On the other hand,
it ensure that it will not be a fashion show in school.
se7en

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2003 5:45 am    Post subject: replyn on your opinion Reply with quote

I think that the rule is not bad after all, however, certain degree of freedom also has to he allowed.
I think it'll be better to send your opinion to school.
Thinking about negative sides all the time isn't good at all.
mochi

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2003 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My high school had many school rules about uniform, bag, shoses, socks, hair color and so on.
Because it was an girl's pubric school which is over 120 years tradition.
It is neccessaly for students to have some rules , but I think that school give to them some more freedom.
High school students are not children. They can think about themselves.
I think my schol was too care for the traditional.
obelix

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2003 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The purpose of school is to educate you.
The fewer distractions there are, the better you can concentrate on education.
If everyone wears the same uniform it removes the pressure on everyone to be "fashionable" which, particularly among girls, seems to be much too high on their list of priorities.
This ought to mean that students are admired for their brains and personalities instead of their fashion sense.

It is stupid to pay $100 for a pair of jeans when you can get the same jeans with a different label for $15 from Wal-Mart.

Fashion is fleeting; foolish is forever.
Debroah

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2003 10:08 pm    Post subject: obelix Reply with quote

I agree with u. As a student, fashion is unnecessary.When he step out of school,u will find follow fashion at school is really unnecessary.
Corey

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2003 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fashion may not be necessary but conformity just doesn't sit well with me. I say let people express themselves.

Take care,

Corey
Roseray

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2003 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do hate wearing school uniforms especially the one you don't like. Of course, wear whatever I like to school is great. However, it really takes time to think of what I would wear before going to school. I think most teenagers would like themselves being looked smart and trendy. Therefore, I think wearing school uniforms can save a lot of troubles.
MangpOr

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2003 9:21 pm    Post subject: SCHOOL RULES Reply with quote

In the past, I was a student in high school that has many rules to do follow. Now I'm in university I still do follow rules. In my opinion I think RULES is important things to control students and make them to discipline.
The rule is not bad after all. You go to school for study. I disagree that uniform is a problem in your learning. In your holiday you will wear cloths that you like. You are a student so you should to function as a student for the best.
Diana

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2003 4:40 am    Post subject: School uniforms Reply with quote

School uniforms don't have to be negative. They can be a positive thing. In our school, we have uniforms, school colors, a school mascot and name, and even a school song which was actually created by the students themselves. Students are taught to take pride in their school. Our school colors and name are always worn in all sports and academic competition, and students take pride in this.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Opinions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: