Site Search:

Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Traditional foods

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Culture
View previous topic :: View next topic  
asia.yuki

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 4:27 pm    Post subject: Traditional foods Reply with quote

What are traditional foods in your country?

Foods are affected by its history, culture, race and climate. I am interested in traditional food in various countries. I am from Japan, so I am going to talk about Japanese traditional foods. There are many traditional foods in Japan, for example, Sushi, Tempura, Sukiyaki and Natto. I think most of foreigners in Japan like Sushi and Tempura, but some of them don�t like Sukiyaki, furthermore most of them don�t like Natto. Natto is made from fermented soybean. I think it most peculiar food in Japan.

What are traditional foods in your country?
What food may be peculiar to foreigners?
Corey

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Canda - maple syrup, poutine, pie and bacon

Corey
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Iso

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 11:01 pm    Post subject: about traditional foods Reply with quote

Eating foods are enjoyable all of us.Actually when you visit diferent country you should know what about culture of foods.I would explain to you , ıf you come to Istanbul , you can eat turkish kebap,doner and many kind of kebap's that you tasted.
Cookers usually use veal and mutton . May be it was strange for you.
When you tasting kebap so much , your stomach should outbroken to you.If you dont usual foreign foods , you have to eat slow and bit by bit.
I advise to you turkish kebap name of turkish mean adana,urfa,ali nazik,şiş kebap,doner kebap.These are wonder about of tourists.Everbody knows them.
But also many different foods are in the Anatolian.East and west , north and south anatolian's foods apart each other.
For example Mediterranean Region's foods have mostly sea foods.If you like to know about them , i can tell you specific food mean in english and how can you cook and what kind of ingredients include .
Have you ever eaten Kebap or any turkish food?

take care
Wandelr�schen

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 3:02 am    Post subject: Food in South Baden Reply with quote

Hallo,

The traditional food in south Baden is "Sp�tzle" in different varieties. A special kind of homemade pasta typical of Southern Germany. You can eat it with cheese, liver or scalloped with different kinds of cheese, ham.

Swabian pockets stuffed with hash or spinach. You can eat it with tomato sauce.

Over the Rhin in France "Alsace" the traditional food is Tarte Flambee . A kind of 'French pizza' from Alsace made from a very thin layer of pastry topped with sour cream, chopped onions and bacon.

I find it is very delicious meal but I would like to discouver other kinds of traditional food.

Is it possible to publish special recipes of meals?

Thank you.
dasa

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hello asia.yuki Smile

Here in Slovakia we don't have a real cuisine which could be compared to those of France, Italy, Turkey, Japan and other countries. Anyway, our national food is "bryndzove halusky". They are very small potato dumplings with a special sheep cheese called bryndza (produced just in Slovakia, so you cannot eat it anywhere else in the world). Some people put bacon on the top but i prefer tomatoes and chopped chive:)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Culture All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: