Site Search:

Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

relationship between parents and children.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Family
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nathalia

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:13 am    Post subject: relationship between parents and children. Reply with quote

i think parents should try to understand their children,and become their best friends and try to talk to them.they should have a good relationship.i really dont have a good relationship with my parents but i always try to respect them and do things well,so they won't get mad at me.they dont like many things i do,they always think everything im doing is bad.but i try to understand them too.is hard when you dont even trust your parents.but you feel good when there's other people around you,trying to help,or listen to you.but i dont regreat i just try to always be good with them.
charactereducation

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

God has given each and every solution how to live your entire life in His orders

"Parents are given the order to fulfill the basic necessities for their children and Children are said to obey their parents. Even children are not allowed to talk to parents in the loud voice."

"Elders are said to treat the children with love and Children are said to respect the elders."
isarin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just like with any relationship, building a positive relationship between parent and child is one that requires work and effort to make it strong and successful. Parenting is a tough job, and maintaining close relationships and open communications helps to ensure parents and their children stay connected through all ages of their upbringing. Here are 10 simple tips for enhancing the bond between parent and child.
1. Say I Love You
Tell your child you love him every day -- no matter his age. Even on trying days or after a parent-child disagreement, when you don't exactly "like your child" at that moment, it is more important than ever to express your love. A simple "I love you" goes a long way toward developing and then strengthening a relationship.
2. Teach Your Faith
Teach your child about your faith and beliefs. Tell him what you believe and why. Allow time for your child to ask questions and answer them honestly. Reinforce those teachings often.
3. Establish A Special Name Or Code Word
Create a special name for your child that is positive and special or a secret code word that you can use between each other. Use the name as a simple reinforcement of your love. The code word can be established to have special meaning between your child and you that only you two understand. This code word can even be used to extract a child from an uncomfortable situation (such as a sleepover that is not going well) without causing undue embarrassment to the child.
4. Develop And Maintain A Special Bedtime Ritual
For younger children, reading a favorite bedtime book or telling stories is a ritual that will be remembered most likely throughout their life. Older children should not be neglected either. Once children start reading, have them read a page, chapter, or short book to you. Even most teenagers still enjoy the ritual of being told goodnight in a special way by a parent--even if they don't act like it!
5. Let Your Children Help You
Parents sometimes inadvertently miss out on opportunities to forge closer relationships by not allowing their child to help them with various tasks and chores. Unloading groceries after going to the store is a good example of something that children of most ages can and should assist with. Choosing which shoes look better with your dress lets a child know you value her opinion. Of course, if you ask, be prepared to accept and live with the choice made!
6. Play With Your Children
The key is to really play with your children. Play with dolls, ball, make believe, checkers, sing songs, or whatever is fun and interesting. It doesn't matter what you play, just enjoy each other! Let kids see your silly side. Older kids enjoy cards, chess, computer games, while younger ones will have fun playing about anything...as long as it involves you!
7. Eat Meals As A Family
You've heard this before, and it really is important! Eating together sets the stage for conversation and sharing. Turn the TV off, and don't rush through a meal. When schedules permit, really talk and enjoy one another. It can become a quality time most remembered by young and old alike.
8. Seek Out One-On-One Opportunities Often
Some parents have special nights or "standing dates" with their children to create that one-on-one opportunity. Whether it is a walk around the neighborhood, a special trip to a playground, or just a movie night with just the two of you, it is important to celebrate each child individually. Although it is more of a challenge the more children in a family, it is really achievable! Think creatively and the opportunities created will be ones that you remember in the future.
9. Respect Their Choices
You don't have to like their mismatched shirt and shorts or love how a child has placed pictures in his room. However, it is important to respect those choices. Children reach out for independence at a young age, and parents can help to foster those decision-making skills by being supportive and even looking the other way on occasion. After all, it really is okay if a child goes to daycare with a striped green shirt and pink shorts.
10. Make Them A Priority In Your Life
Your children need to know that you believe they are a priority in your life. Children can observe excessive stress and notice when they feel you are not paying them attention. Sometimes, part of being a parent is not worrying about the small stuff and enjoying your children. They grow up so fast, and every day is special. Take advantage of your precious time together while you have it!
Peaches21

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 6:05 am    Post subject: Re: relationship between parents and children. Reply with quote

nathalia wrote:
i think parents should try to understand their children,and become their best friends and try to talk to them.they should have a good relationship.i really dont have a good relationship with my parents but i always try to respect them and do things well,so they won't get mad at me.they dont like many things i do,they always think everything im doing is bad.but i try to understand them too.is hard when you dont even trust your parents.but you feel good when there's other people around you,trying to help,or listen to you.but i dont regreat i just try to always be good with them.

Hey! hope u r doing well.I suffer the same problem.There is a huge communication gap between me n my dad,my parents often quarrel ,then my mum ends up in a bad mood and scolds me but unfortunately I'm not as responsible as u r like I don't really do much work n this aggravates my mum's anger.So just like u I also feel good to have friends n siblings so at least I can talk to someone normally rather than all the fuss that keeps going on in my house which makes me to keep my mouth shut all the time.I hope u get ur prob solved. tc Smile
Afra

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maintaining better relationship with kids is not an easy task as their emotions are very much delicate and immature. Children do not interpret what they observe and feel, but just react in the most spontaneous way to what they see. They understand things just the way they feel them; thus dealing with them requires skill and maintaining proper and better relationship with children is a hard to crack nut. There are suggested ways of dealing with the feelings of children and manipulating the relationship with them. Taking a bit of extra effort will make parents affectionately attached with children.
Read more >> Parent Children Relationship
Afra

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its the nice relationship i must say.
champignon

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a period in everybody's life when there exist problems in relationship between parents and children, and I think that it is pretty normal as long as it doesn't obstruct further understanding. I used to had a lot of arguments with my parents earlier, but now I'm proud to state that we're best friends.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Family All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: