Site Search:

Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

IELTS exam

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> TOEFL and Other English Exams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Danielunec2005

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 4:31 am    Post subject: IELTS exam Reply with quote

Everybody who what to go to study abroad, they should pass the IELTS exam, or they will not allow to go aborad. I want to study in Australia, so I should pass the IELTS exam, it is not easy to get 5 in IELTS exam. If I want to go aborad I should study hard. I was taught by foreigners, and did not taught us more about IELTS exam, so I should study the skills of taking exam. If we did not study English, we will fall in the coming exam. There are many facts causing the result of the exam. If you too nervous you will not do very well in the exam. We should have a normal psychology. we should read the title carefully, or you will make some mistakes.
Craig

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Daniel,

Yes it is a very hard test to do... I prepare students for this test at a college on the Gold Coast, Australia. If you want some tips about how to get a great score just send me an email, I will be glad to offer some advice.
TheEnglishLink

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 5:07 pm    Post subject: IELTS help online Reply with quote

Hi Daniel,
A useful website that can help you prepare for the IELTS test is http://www.TheEnglishLink.com

This website provides interactive IELTS practice tests in Reading, Writing, Listening and Speaking. We've helped students from over 22 countries improve their IELTS scores.

We also have a forum on the website where you can submit your essays. A qualified, experienced IELTS teacher will mark your essay and provide a sample answer on the same essay question.

Have a look!
Julie,
TheEnglishLink.com
ieltsinsider

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 6:54 pm    Post subject: Getting Band 5 in IELTS is easy Reply with quote

Daniel - Getting a band 5 in IELTS is easy. In the speaking test, make sure that you keep talking. You should try to answer the question, but even if you do not, you will still get 5. In the writing test, make sure that you write about the topics and write at least 150 and 250 words, as required.
Bettyunec2005

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 4:02 am    Post subject: About IELTS exam Reply with quote

Everybody knows that if you want to go aboard, you must pass an exam-IELTS exam. I feel it is very difficult for me. It should know much vocabulary and outclass knowledge, but I feel my vocabulary is limited. On June 19th, I will join the school�s IELTS exam. On June24th I will join the society�s IELTS exam. I am very worried about it Sad . I have no confident to pass Great 5. If I can not get Great 5, I can not continue to study in this school next team. Crying or Very sad I will work much harder than before, in order to pass the exam. Then I can realize my dream what is I can go aboard to study. Razz
ieltsinsider

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 5:55 pm    Post subject: 5 is easy! Reply with quote

Bettyunec - As I said in my last post, getting an IELTS band 5 is easy. Follow the tips I have given. If u need any more advice, let me know!
Fooglex

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 8:38 am    Post subject: Um band 5 is easy? Reply with quote

I need at least 6.5 and I'm wanting to get a band 7.5 or 8. Any tips apart from the obvious?
bellwink

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 11:34 pm    Post subject: my problem 49316029 Reply with quote

HI Daniel:
I have the same dream with you, but the country I'd like to go is USA.
Could you suggust me what kind of the exam that I can try first?
I don't have any expereince for this kinds exam, and how do I prepare for the test. In fact, I think my vacabulary is limited and I am easily nervous. Then, what kind of books I should buy, for example, business, life, or knowledge. I know that to go aboard is a lot of people's dream, I feel this kind exam is very difficult. I hope you can give some suggustion for me, make me have more confident for the exam. I will express my appreciation for your help.
jennybedwell

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Daniel,

I have just set up a website to help students improve their writing skills in preparation for the Academic IELTS exam.

The academic exam is for people wanting to study abroad in an English-speaking environment.

My website offers sample questions, online exercises with instant feedback and practice tests with model answers.

You can find the site at www.successatielts.com

Have a look and see for yourself.

Good luck with the exam!

Jenny Bedwell
funky_khan

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Jenny,
I really like your IELTS website. Good work!
kingcobra

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 8:09 am    Post subject: I need someone help me Reply with quote

Hello to the English Link

It's nice to me you

Very Happy I'm a student at college studying English, I want to improve my English, how can I improve it? I need some help. I also preparing for IELTS test. I want to improve my writing skills ( writing task 1). That�s kind of you, if you can help me. What sort of things I should follow? Smile

Exclamation As you mentioned that you have a forum on the website where you can submit your essays and teacher will mark your essay and provide a sample answer on the same essay question.( for instance I send you my writing to you, then you able to mark it) To keep in mind that �if you too nervous in the test, you will not do very well in the exam�

Question Can you tell me how to submit my writing to the forum or tell me the steps that help me to follow it?

Very Happy I appreciate your help that you can help me to improve my writing. I also need some help in listening, reading and speaking, if you don�t mind to help

Very Happy I�m looking forward to hearing from you Very Happy

Arrow For more info: you can send me your suggestions and advices at this email: [email protected]
kingcobra

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 8:13 am    Post subject: i need your advice Reply with quote

Hello jennybedwell

Very Happy It's nice to me you

Very Happy I'm a student at college studying English, I want to improve my English, how can I improve it? I need some help. I also preparing for IELTS test. I want to improve my writing skills ( writing task 1). That�s kind of you, if you can help me. What sort of things I should follow?

Arrow To keep in mind that �if you too nervous in the test, you will not do very well in the exam�

Very Happy I appreciate your help that you can help me to improve my writing. I also need some help in listening, reading and speaking, if you don�t mind to help

Very Happy I�m looking forward to hearing from you
Very Happy

Arrow For more info: you can send me your suggestions and advices at this email: [email protected]
jennybedwell

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 3:17 am    Post subject: Listening & Speaking Reply with quote

Hi,

At the moment, our site www.successatielts.com only deals with writing practice.

However, we are currently working on ideas to include speaking and listening practice too, hopefully by the end of December.

So....watch this space!

In the meantime, there are many ways you can improve your listening and reading skills on the internet.

Have you tried downloading podcasts from the BBC website for example? Or try the British Council's LearnEnglish website for more podcasts and learning material.

By the way, did you find our website useful for writing practice?

Jenny
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> TOEFL and Other English Exams All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: