Site Search:
 
Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

who can teach english??
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> English Schools
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
steele



Joined: 13 Feb 2003
Posts: 45
Location: Beijing China

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2003 12:09 am    Post subject: who can teach english?? Reply with quote

hello everyone i am new .my english is very pool who would rather help me?? Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
_________________
hello everyone nice to meet you!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
eagle28



Joined: 27 Feb 2003
Posts: 6
Location: Port-au-Prince(Haiti)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2003 10:39 am    Post subject: Hello! Reply with quote

Hi ! friend,

I'm not sure I can help you a lot, but I will try.If you want to improve your English, the best thing to do is try to speak it as much as you can.Writing to someone onthe internet will just help you to write English better,if you want to speak any language, the first thing to do is start speaking.Try to find poeple in your area who already know howe to speak Eenglish and pratice with them.Good luck!

Eguelson.

P-S.If you want to write me, you can do it at<<leguelove@yahoo.fr>>
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
steele



Joined: 13 Feb 2003
Posts: 45
Location: Beijing China

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2003 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hello eagle. nice too meet you.thank you for your advice.i think we can make friend.do you agree?? Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
_________________
hello everyone nice to meet you!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
eagle28



Joined: 27 Feb 2003
Posts: 6
Location: Port-au-Prince(Haiti)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2003 9:13 am    Post subject: Hello! Reply with quote

Hi! Steele,
I'm glad to hear from you.I hope you are improving your English.I have no problem to become your friend.I would be very happy to communicate with you.You know I'm from an occidental country,and I would like to know many things about oriental cultures.We can write each other and talk about everything you would like to.Receive my greetings.

Truly yours,
Legagneur Eguelson.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
steele



Joined: 13 Feb 2003
Posts: 45
Location: Beijing China

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2003 3:27 am    Post subject: Re: Hello! Reply with quote

eagle28 wrote:
Hi! Steele,
I'm glad to hear from you.I hope you are improving your English.I have no problem to become your friend.I would be very happy to communicate with you.You know I'm from an occidental country,and I would like to know many things about oriental cultures.We can write each other and talk about everything you would like to.Receive my greetings.

Truly yours,
Legagneur Eguelson.
hi i am glad receive your passage.you are from occidental.what would you like to know about china?? Razz Razz
_________________
hello everyone nice to meet you!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
martinwtp



Joined: 24 Mar 2003
Posts: 6

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2003 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cool~~ you 're from occidental country. then which country is it? can tell me.
I am from Hong Kong. Can we be friends as well? can we be penpals?

by the way, steel, i think you mistyped the word "pool". it should be "poor". But i think that's no problem, my teacher always said people can learn much more from mistake. Don't be afraid making mistakes. I always make mistakes too.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Corey



Joined: 23 Mar 2003
Posts: 446
Location: Costa Rica

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good post Martin,

Many people think you learn other people's mistakes when studying English, but there is a lot of evidence that this is not true.

By the way, "I" is always capitalized in English.

Rock'n roll baby Cool

http://english.abcingles.net

Corey
_________________
Niagara Summer Programs
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
steele



Joined: 13 Feb 2003
Posts: 45
Location: Beijing China

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2003 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

martinwtp wrote:
cool~~ you 're from occidental country. then which country is it? can tell me.
I am from Hong Kong. Can we be friends as well? can we be penpals?

by the way, steel, i think you mistyped the word "pool". it should be "poor". But i think that's no problem, my teacher always said people can learn much more from mistake. Don't be afraid making mistakes. I always make mistakes too.
oh i am very happy you can tell me my mistake.thank you very much.i am from beijing .so my english isn't very smoothly.do you mind it??
_________________
hello everyone nice to meet you!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
lucychavez



Joined: 14 May 2003
Posts: 6
Location: pasadena

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2003 12:18 pm    Post subject: In Texas from Mexico Reply with quote

Laughing Wink Smile Mr. Green

Hi, I'm Vicky Chavez. I am a student of English because I want to have a better job.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
swamper



Joined: 20 May 2003
Posts: 1

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2003 5:55 am    Post subject: &#8593; Reply with quote

GOOD REASON.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Pamela Li



Joined: 24 May 2003
Posts: 3
Location: Taiwan

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2003 8:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Hello! Reply with quote

eagle28 wrote:
Hi ! friend,

I'm not sure I can help you a lot, but I will try.If you want to improve your English, the best thing to do is try to speak it as much as you can.Writing to someone onthe internet will just help you to write English better,if you want to speak any language, the first thing to do is start speaking.Try to find poeple in your area who already know howe to speak Eenglish and pratice with them.Good luck!

Eguelson.

P-S.If you want to write me, you can do it at<<leguelove@yahoo.fr>>
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
U-jin



Joined: 26 May 2003
Posts: 46

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Corey wrote:
Good post Martin,

Many people think you learn other people's mistakes when studying English, but there is a lot of evidence that this is not true.
By the way, "I" is always capitalized in English.

Rock'n roll baby Cool

http://english.abcingles.net

Corey


Umm yeah, good job there ace~ I really hope you are not a teacher.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Lauralin



Joined: 02 Jun 2003
Posts: 6

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2003 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't quite get your point, U-jin.... *looks clueless*

It might also be helpful to try reading some books in English, since they tend to use more proper grammer and more words than people in chat rooms.

Why all the eye rolls?
_________________
"The eye dilates in darkness, and at last finds day in it, just as th soul dilates in misfortune, and at last find God in it"
---Victor Hugo, Les Miserables
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
andy039



Joined: 11 Nov 2003
Posts: 1

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2003 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,Everyone!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
zederr



Joined: 11 Nov 2003
Posts: 22
Location: Thailand

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2003 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi ,steele

I come form thailand . In my opinion,I though your english is better than me. In my course I never get "A" but have only "C" or "D" (T_T)
I feel bored in English and in class room other look me like funny man
when teacher ask my answer always is wrong.I would like learn English but that lesson must out of class room. I will practise in here.
_________________
I am fine
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> English Schools All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Dave's ESL Cafe is maintained by the one and only Dave Sperling.
Banner Advertising | Bookstore / Alta Books | FAQs | Articles | Interview with Dave
Copyright © 1995-2011 Dave's ESL Cafe | All Rights Reserved | Contact Dave's ESL Cafe | Site Map

Teachers College, Columbia University: Train to Teach English Here or Abroad
SIT
Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group