Site Search:

Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Are there Alians???

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Science
View previous topic :: View next topic  
miwako1023

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 11:24 pm    Post subject: Are there Alians??? Reply with quote

In space, there are a lot of planets.
What do you think about alian??
I think there are alians in onother planets.
Mandy2301

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think that on other planetes aliens are exist, but i think there live creatures like bacillus and viruses.
manifold

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

with bacilli and viruses you have really good chances to get an alien...you just wait long enough till primitive life forms self-organise to build something promising Very Happy
IrinaMIV

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2 manifold
And why do you think new creatures don't apear on Earth? As mankind is waiting for rather long time?... Very Happy
manifold

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

in my terms "long enough" means millions of years...i.e. self-organisation=evolution...so on the contrary, new creatures do appear... we just take no notice of this process...but apart from this another problem is that humanity has short memory and tends to self-extinction...

by the way, I'm russian too Very Happy

привет, землячка! Very Happy
Twann

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 1:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Are there Alians??? Reply with quote

miwako1023 wrote:

In the boudhist Bible (the Tibet version), it says that there are an infinity of planets in the universe (far far far away from us) where different types of creatures were living from long long long ago � million million years. Mankind on earth does not represents the highly evolved creature, we are classified as low, very low on this scale of universal evolution. According to this book, up there in the universe, there are much much more evolved creatures that go beyond our imagination. Some of them, the ones who are in charge of our evolution have the same human body form like us, since we all come from their planet, no matter which race we are. In a way, they are our gardeners if we consider Earth as a garden & human beings as living plants.
It says that UFO & Alien do exist, but they are not wicked as we all think. In the contrary, they are very kind hearted & very smart, they are always & permanently watching us, in order to help us. In the past, they did land on earth and attempted to help the evolution of mankind. It cites & testifies the flying chariot as narrated in the Greek Mythology as a form of an alien visit, always with the objective to help mankind on earth. It also gives a description of how life is up there, & the way how Aliens were traveling accross the universe from planets to planets: it looks so much like the adventures of Star Trek !!
If I have time I�ll copy to you the chapter where they cite some strange coincidences (that we can verify from present history books) in the near US history, as the proofs that God had plan everything on earth.
About fifty years ago , top US scientists, by scientific calculations, confirmed the existence of extraterrestrial lives on other planets. Recently, NASA discovered at least a dozen of planets around our universe which all have the same life environments as does the earth : mild & varying temperatures, water, mountains,...etc and therefore the probability of life there is absolutely different from zero.
nana123

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, there are...Mr. Green

I'm one of them Shocked

LOL Laughing Just kidding

http://365d.blogspot.com
http://www.myspace.com/365d
I am Christian

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 3:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Are there Alians??? Reply with quote

miwako1023 wrote:

Being christian I don't believe about alians.
If your religion is science then you can understand that it's so hard
to find a protein.
Some fanatics say that the probability to find an alian is one but it's not scientifically true...
My christian opinion is that these planets in the new creation will have another food, other animals, but they will be the planets that Christ will give to us christians only.
beancurdturtle

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 4:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Are there Alians??? Reply with quote

I am Christian wrote:
miwako1023 wrote:

to find a protein.
Some fanatics say that the probability to find an alian is one but it's not scientifically true...
My christian opinion is that these planets in the new creation will have another food, other animals, but they will be the planets that Christ will give to us christians only.

Interesting concept you have. It has as much validity as the theory that there is alien life on other planets. It's impossible to prove either the existence of God (Christ), or aliens.

And you say only Christians get the bounty of the new creation. Why would Christ bless people so greedy and chauvinistic with the paradise planets? Didn't he say that the meek would inherit the earth(s)?.

�Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.�
--Dr. Seuss
I am Christian

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 11:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Are there Alians??? Reply with quote

beancurdturtle wrote:

And you say only Christians get the bounty of the new creation. Why would Christ bless people so greedy and chauvinistic with the paradise planets? Didn't he say that the meek would inherit the earth(s)?.

The Prayer "Our Father" is fundamental.
With the Prayer we christians hallow God and say to God to give us the food...
peterteacher

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:14 am    Post subject: Re: Are there Alians??? Reply with quote

I am Christian wrote:
miwako1023 wrote:

to find a protein.

An animal on another planet IS an alien. That's what the word means!
Harum

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 9:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Are there Alians??? Reply with quote

miwako1023 wrote:

Alien? Well universe is a mysterious thing. I believe that there's "something" out there, maybe someday we'll know it Very Happy
surprisedstubble

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The claim is made by lobby group The Disclosure Activists, a new international consortium trying to force the alleged truth about aliens out into the open. http://www.express.co.uk/news/weird/785923/The-Disclosure-Activists-aliens-exist-government-top-secret-cover-up-truth-embargo
Sugarsyrup

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't comment about that Aliens do exist unless I can see it by my own eyes.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Science All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: