Site Search:

Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Different age in the love!!!
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Culture
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rogerlz

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 2:07 pm    Post subject: Different age in the love!!! Reply with quote

Well what I mean is when u have a girlfriend yungest than the boy is something strange in your country. What is more easy to see in the sociaty and more accepted, a girl younggest than the boy or a boy younggest than the gearl????

Any way, what do you preffer:

Girls: an older boy or someone yungest than you???
Boys: an older gearl or someone yungest than you???

Please tell me where are you from!!!! Thanks to all the people whose whants to answer my post!!!! Very Happy

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would prefer my boyfriend to be older than me... I'm kind of attached to to that costarican taboo. lol

"Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear--not absence of fear."
Mark Twain.
andykang

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the difference of age isn't a problem between lovers. no matter
how he is older than she,or she is older than he, so long as they love deeply each other, Razz My girlfriend ( wife, now) is younger than I,
we got married last year, and we feel happy!
Rogerlz

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well I'm doing this because my mother get mad because I like a gearl that is ono year oldest than me and I tell that to her and she said that the man have to be oldest than the gearl. I don't think so but what I can do, she is a little crazy and she said that in the chinese culture have to be like that, my parents are chinise but we live in CR Sad

Is that true??? do you think that in China the things have to be like that??? Well I mean the customs!!!!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hahahahahahahaha, what your parents all say...

Tell your mom, in the ancient China, men preferred fat women more than thin women, that was also Chinese culture.
Tell her that my mom is 2 years older than my dad (they are both Chinese)

But I have to say some serious things to you: Make sure you really like her and be 100% sure that you won't 嫌弃 (something similar as "dislike") her when you are about 45 or so. Because girls, althought they are pretty at young age, they will grow older faster than men.

If you are really sure then tell it to your parents.
Rogerlz

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ad-miral wrote:

Tell your mom, in the ancient China, men preferred fat women more than thin women, that was also Chinese culture.

Is that true????? Or u are joking??

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

I will prefer a boy who is oldest than me a bout (3-6) years

But is no worry in my country if Girl prefer a boy who is younger than she also boy
If a different between them will be a bout (1-3) years

I'm from UAE ( Dubai ) Razz

Thanks a lot 4 topic Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ad-miral

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerlz wrote:
Is that true????? Or u are joking??

Of course that's true, I thought you were Chinese. Laughing
People search for that what they can't get. In that time period all people suffer from hunger very much. As a consequence "fat people" would mean "no hunger" and so fat people must have a nice life so they were desirable.
andykang

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ad-miral wrote:
Quote:
But I have to say some serious things to you: Make sure you really like her and be 100% sure that you won't 嫌弃 (something similar as "dislike") her when you are about 45 or so. Because girls, althought they are pretty at young age, they will grow older faster than men.

Hi: ad-miral , big man in the forum ,nice to meet you , I agree with you very much! Very Happy

hello,Rogerlz
Quote:
she said that the man have to be oldest than the gearl. I don't think so but what I can do, she is a little crazy and she said that in the chinese culture have to be like that,
you are right, and
your mother' opinion about it is old-fashioned in china. as we know, we fall
in love with somebody because of real love each other. Anyway, whether
you like the girl or not , all depends on yourself, and your parents's advice
is only reference. Take it easy,I think you can deal with the promble, good luck to you!
burco_lion

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well let me say this " Love has no age, poor or rich, good or bad, ugly or beauty" it all comes from your mind,heart and many other important parts of your body, when am saying love has no beauty or ugly what I mean is that the beauty of the person comes from inside not the out side or the face by the way they look like..... any ways am 19yrs old and My GF=girlfriend is 25, but still I love her and she loves me too
ClarissaMach

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My opinion over this question will always be suspicious... I simply love older man... I believe men are like wine: they get better as time goes by!

My current boyfriend is 21 years my senior. I'm really in love with him, and I really don't care about what people say about us. BTW, we were just discussing about my introduction to his kids (he's divorced and is father of a couple).

In Brazilian society, we don't have too many restrictions over age difference between lovers, especially when it's a difference so small (1, 2, 6, 10 years... it means nothing for us).

Of course that we tend to be more benevolent with 40-50 yrs-old men that go out with 20-30 girls; the explanation is quite simple:

Situation 1: a 24-years-old girl introduces her 45-years-old boyfriend to her mom and dad. Of course they raise an eyebrow at them at first (especially her father!!!), but then they think: "hey, he's got a good job, he's got health, he's still able to give her children... well, if she likes him, why not?".

Situation 2: a 24-years-old boy introduces his 45-years-old girlfriend to his mom and dad. "What??? Are you nuts??? I didn't raise my son to be a vagabond that lives at the expenses of a older woman!!! Besides, she won't be able to give you kids!!! She's too old".

Life is unfair...
beancurdturtle

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I need to move to Brazil.

Haha!

�Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.�
--Dr. Seuss
ad-miral

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank you andykang
RedRose

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I prefer older men too. but unfortunately, all my ex-boyfriends were younger than me! and I hate that!

In my opinion, older men would more thoughtful and caring than the younger ones when they fall into love. from my experiences, the young ones are mostly jealous, narrow-minded, and they often get mad for no reason.
Bob S.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

beancurdturtle wrote:
I think I need to move to Brazil.
I know people who know people. Things can be arranged. Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Culture All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: