Site Search:

Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

sometimes i hate eating
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Food
View previous topic :: View next topic  
J@n@

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 8:37 am    Post subject: sometimes i hate eating Reply with quote

hey everyone..
do you like eating? sometimes i think that eating is boring and senseless - well, food keeps us alive but i think its really stupid to have to eat food.. Laughing
and sometimes i really enjoy eating something.... i could say that food makes me happy because i eat slow and i just enjoy the taste of it. but then, sometimes, i just hate eating. dont misunderstand me, im neither too thin than too fat. im just normal and i dont understand why we have to eat. okay, so that we dont die, but how comes that we like or love eating - and then we hate it? or do i just speak for myself and im kind of weird or mad? Confused Jana
VANE

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 10:11 am    Post subject: You aren't weird!!! Reply with quote

Hi Jana Exclamation Sometimes I think as you do. It's interesting because if you eat too much, you get sick and if you don't eat enough, you get sick too. When I eat I feel like happy and I was wondering why? But if I start thinking, when people want to celebrate some event, they go out to eat or make a party in wich food is always present, so perhaps that is why I connect food with happiness. But there are days I just want not to like food as much as I do, maybe because I start thinking that I 've to take care of my shape and that it would be good for me to eat less. The same as you, I'm not too thin nor too fat, and ofcourse I'm sure you are not a weird person but, if thinking this way means to be weird, well let me make you to know, that now are two strange people in this world. What do you think? Am I right? Do you agree with me? Very Happy
J@n@

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey^^
its cool that you answered me Smile Very Happy Yes, i think i agree with you.. oh and i think it would be better for my figure if i didnt eat so much.. like i do at the moment Wink
its an interesting idea with the celebration and food.. its true that we usually eat something if we meet..

Wink jana
VANE

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I think if we want to start eating less, both have to be careful in not stopping eating but try to learn how to eat.

I tell you this because when I was younger I had some problems with that, because since a was a child I practice any kind of sport, so that's why I told you I'm not too fat neither too thin, but when I was at school, children didn't like to be with me in the breaks because I was taller and stronger than them, so I began to felt inconfortable with me appearance and I didn't want to eat. That brought me some consequences because I used to train after classes and I started feeling feeble and seasickness. So one day my mother talked to me and since that day I promised to myself not to change my appearance because of other people and that is what I have been doing and I've learned that people who really love me, don't care if you have a model body or if you are beatiful or not, they just love you because of whom you are. Very Happy

I'm not saying that this is going to happen to you, I just wanted to share this with you and at the same time remember to myself, that any change in my body I'll do it because I want to and it will make me feel better, not because of other people or the worst, because of a boy.

Is really nice to talk with you! Wink Vane
J@n@

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey Wink

oh its cooler to have a few muscles than having fat.. i would like to do more sport too, but the sport we do at school is really stupid, boring and it just doesnt make fun.. Confused i played badminton and it was fun to do sport with fun and without a stupid teacher who seperates the good ones from the bad ones.. Sad
well, what kind of sports do you do?

oh sometimes, if i dont eat enough at school, i feel so sick when i come home that i really feel week and ... i dont know. i just didnt eat at school because i wasnt really hungry (and i didnt like the food^^).. well i also know that the people who love us will always love us and who we are inside - not our body.

well, i think it wont happen to me again, because if i want to change my body, i'll do it for myself (because i want to become more athletic,...). i think i am out of age that i would do anything just to be liked by people who dont really like me, but my appearence ( Confused )

yes i really like to talk with you, too Wink Very Happy Jana
hoshi

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like to eat, not a lot, but in certain moments to eat is very nice. I really like to go out and eat something with my friends, girlfriend, or when I don't want to eat in my house Wink
Also, when I'm in a party I have to eat and it's funny
VANE

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Jana!! Very Happy Well, right now I`ve a year practicing Kampo Karate and I really like it. Is a way of getting all your stress out and to prove yourself how much mental strength do you have.

I think we are like 24 in Karate, but of that number just five are women, including myself.

But I've a doubt: do you feel sad because you are in the bad team? and if you are, tell me about it, but don't say that you are there because you are bad, instead of that, talk to me about how is this sport and things you like and those you don't. In my case, what I don't like of karate is to have to recive some punches when I'm fighting. Sad I hope never have to be with some broken bones!!!
J@n@

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey..
is it difficult to do Karate if there are just 5 women? Are the men kind of "macho"? Confused i could think so..

no, no in sport its different: our teacher seperates the good ones from the ones who arent so good and gives each group different exercises: the good ones are getting better and better and the bad ones,... well, they are trying to get better but usually we just get worse... if we play against each other in a team its so that the groups are equally strong..
well, we re playing basketball at school and i just dont like it - because i was never teached how to do it, at all. and of course because im bad in it! i would like to do a sport that is fun and a little bit exhausting... in the summer i went jogging a few times and it was a little boring - althroug i had music with me.. Confused
oh, so does it hurt much to do karate?

P.S.: Sorry for writing late Confused
VANE

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi!!!!! Is good to know again about you!!!! Very Happy

Well, more than difficult, it is a challenge because in some way you have to demostrate them that a woman can defend oneself, but at the same time is nice because they are not the typical "macho" ( is a good word!!!! Do you know some spanish? ) intead of that, they worry if you get hurt and at the same time they congratulate you for your kicks or punches.

It just hurts, when you recive a kick or punch in your face or stomach. I know it sounds a little violent, but it doesn't happens every class and with the practice, each time you defend yourself better.

You can't imagine how hard I've been trainig, because this Sunday I've a competition and I hope everything is gonna be ok!!!!!!

I don't know if in your country you celebrate the Love's and Friendship's Day (Valentine's Day) I supose you do, so

HAPPY FRIENDSHIP'S DAY!!!!!!!!!!

So what? Are you thinking to start practicing Karate? Wink

Let me try something; I wish it is the correct way to say it .............

Sehen du bald!!!! Laughing
J@n@

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wink hey Smile
oh the word "macho" is just sometimes we even use in germany to say that a man (or boy^^) thinks that women cant do the things so good? i dont know how to express it right, but we just use it.. i didnt think about it - well, know i realize that its a spanish word - and i dont speak any spanish.. but i want to - next year at school i will be able to take spanish lessons and i hope i ll come in the class.. Confused There are so many who want to take spanish..

it sounds cute that the men worry about you and take you seariously - and dont laugh at you or things like that...

oh i wish you luck for your competition!! is it an important one? do you often have competitions? That sounds interesting.. Smile

yes, we celebrate Valentins Day - but not sooo much. we give each other roses (for love) and things like that... sometimes friends make each other presents, too. its kind of cute - do you celebrate Valentins Day?

thank you very much Smile Smile Very Happy can i wish you a happy friendship's day, too? although its a little bit too late Embarassed
well, i wish you good luck in all your friendships and all your loves you will ever have in your life.. i wish you that they will last long (maybe forever Smile )and that they will make you happy - and that you will always be able to make the other people around you happy, too.

no, i dont think about practicing karate, it just sounds interesting.. Smile i know a few people doing judo, but i didnt know anybody who did karate..

oh, you speak german? well, i understood what you meant, but.. Embarassed Very Happy Laughing Wink

Bis bald.. Smile
VANE

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's very important because is my first one, so you can imagine how do I feel!!!!!!!!!!! I've practicing it for a year but until now, I took the determination of participating.

And yes, we celebrate Valentine's Day. People that is in love, go out for dinner, or to some mini-concerts and ofcourse, roses can't miss. At school, high school and even college, most of the time boys send you a nameless heart card of different colors and each color mean something different like: gray means a platonic love; green means hope; red, love and so on... but girls do that too. I think you are more special than what you realize, it is very nice what you wrote me and ofcourse I accept your happy frienship's day. Wink

No, I don't speak any german I just tried to tell you something in your language and for that I had to look into Laughing

And if you want to know how to say any frase in spanish just ask me!!! Ok? Very Happy

TAKE CARE!!!!!!!!!!!!
J@n@

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh yes i can imagine how you feel! A friend of mine plays badminton and if she has a play against someone in kind of competition, she calls me and tells me how nervous she is.. and she really is! Wink A few hours before it is the worst, she's running through the whole house, the phone in the one hand and talking and talking.. Laughing I hope you aren't that nervous..

oh, you celebrate it that "big" in costa rica (you come from there, don't you? I can't read it during i answer.. Confused )? Well, I'm not such a big Valentin's Day fan, but even if i was, i don't think that we celebrate it that big in germany.. it sounds very romanically to go out with your boyfriend and go to mini-concerts... Very Happy

Laughing Oh! okay, that's okay.. the vocabulary was right, of course.. i just wondered.. Very Happy

Well, again, i wish you good luck..!
take care, too..
ad-miral

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love eating, anytime, can't imagine why you sometimes hate it.

I always get a shock,
if I weight lesser,
and I'm always happier,
if I'm a kilogram heavier.

(good rhyme? sounds like a poem...)
VANE

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ad-miral wrote:
I love eating, anytime, can't imagine why you sometimes hate it.

I always get a shock,
if I weight lesser,
and I'm always happier,
if I'm a kilogram heavier.

(good rhyme? sounds like a poem...)

Well, I think that you won't undertand many things of girls, like this one, because you aren't a woman. Wink Maybe there isn't that we hate to eat at all, is more an expression when you don't want that food makes "efects" in your body or just when you wonder of how simple is to eat but sometimes you don't know why it can come's complicated. Ofcourse you need to eat to be alive, but why you can't still alive in other way. Food is necesary but as well it can be your friend, it can turns in an enemy for many people.

Last edited by VANE on Sun Feb 18, 2007 12:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
VANE

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Janaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't belive it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I WON Very Happy

I'm so happy. You can't imagine the girl who I had to fougth with: she was taller and physically stronger than me and well she threw me two times to the floor but at the end I won!!!!!!! Smile

I think i wasn't as nervous as your friend but ofcourse I felt like a kind of "anthill" in my stomach since yesterday till today before the fight.

Thanks for your wishes of good luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They worked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And now after I talked just of me, I want to know how are you????????? What have you been doing???????? Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Food All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: