Site Search:

Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What do you think about the new Bush's policy?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Current News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bob S.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ad-miral wrote:
What's a Grand Poobah for Life?
Here you go.
k.m.m

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

k.m.m wrote:
]Democracy can not be implemented by force, I think it is accumulation of cultural progress..

Bob S. wrote:
Right! The places where it has worked (post-WWII West Germany, Japan, et al) already had some history of democratic tradition before they were taken over by democratically elected fascists (scary thought). Few nations in the Middle East have such traditions. The jury is still out on whether Iraq will ever take to democracy, but I don't have much hope. Firstly because Bush is such an incompetent frakhead (I'm seethingly disgusted with him for other reasons), and secondly because there are better ideas on how to adapt to a primitive feudalistic society that are just being ignored.[/quote]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
well...
WWII was disaster, many people die more than one million in Europe alone..Hiroshima and Nagasaki in Japan...etc. thousands and thousands are still pay the foolish mistakes of wars ...
But is the wall in Berlin demolished by force and war when it was built by that after WWII??NO it was broken and demolished by forces of mind not by F16 and B52...!!
Also the new counters of the old soviets union were became a democratic and join the NATO in very peaceful manner not by war!!. Also other eastern European countries such as Poland, et..All join the world in very peaceful without war and forces.
So, the war is not the only solution. .
Tone

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting. We have lots of good information and observation here.
Tone

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow..

I learn a lot from the posting.
kratos03344

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 9:23 pm    Post subject: I agree with you Reply with quote

I think it's time for him to think about his people
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Current News All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: