Site Search:

Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

People don't believe the positive reports in China
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Culture
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Helen.wan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 12:11 am    Post subject: Re: It is not true! Reply with quote

ltp-008 wrote:
wenzili wrote:
I totally disagree with this hostile view-point toward our Chinese people!
It has no any concrete base, I suppose.

Do China have freedom of speech and press?

Doesn't Chinese communist government control all media in China?

Doesn't CCTV fool Chinese people?

You have the rights not to agree with me on this issue,but could you give me fact to prove me wrong?please don't just shout out some slogans like red guard in the time of Culture Revolution.

You may have some questions about China.You are not a Chinese ,and you may not know the situation of China now,so you can't understand something.May I ask you a question?Have you ever been to China?Or all the problems as you know just from the paper or from the web?
ltp-008

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 1:06 am    Post subject: Re: It is not true! Reply with quote

Helen.wan wrote:
ltp-008 wrote:
wenzili wrote:
I totally disagree with this hostile view-point toward our Chinese people!
It has no any concrete base, I suppose.

Do China have freedom of speech and press?

Doesn't Chinese communist government control all media in China?

Doesn't CCTV fool Chinese people?

You have the rights not to agree with me on this issue,but could you give me fact to prove me wrong?please don't just shout out some slogans like red guard in the time of Culture Revolution.

You may have some questions about China.You are not a Chinese ,and you may not know the situation of China now,so you can't understand something.May I ask you a question?Have you ever been to China?Or all the problems as you know just from the paper or from the web?

It doesn't matter whether I am a foreigner or a Chinese, but I can tell you that I have been China many times I have a lot of Chinese friends who are higher rank communist officials , businessmen and professors. So if you thought what I posted here are wrong , could you please explain them to me by evidences?
kratos03344

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am a ordinary student in China . As you guys said our countrymen are suffering from some terrible problems : bribe , trust crisis , soft policy .etc . But every county has its own weakness such as totalitarianism, perestroika . under the lead of the communist party . we are struggling between freedom and order , and with that struggle , a new spirit of nationalism had been born . To tell you the truce , our leaders are devoting to implementing programs and policies which will solve these problems , and our live circumstance is getting better and better . with generations 's hard work . Our great country will reborn .
ltp-008

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kratos03344 wrote:
I am a ordinary student in China . As you guys said our countrymen are suffering from some terrible problems : bribe , trust crisis , soft policy .etc . But every county has its own weakness such as totalitarianism, perestroika . under the lead of the communist party . we are struggling between freedom and order , and with that struggle , a new spirit of nationalism had been born . To tell you the truce , our leaders are devoting to implementing programs and policies which will solve these problems , and our live circumstance is getting better and better . with generations 's hard work . Our great country will reborn .

Hey Kratos,

I can understand what you thought, you love China and you hope that China will become better and better in the future, So do I.

As you mentioned every country has its own weakness and strength , I couldn't agree with you more. China is a great country , after 1979 China began to reform its economic system China has got a lot of significant achievements , ordinary people 's lives have improved a lot, just about one month ago Chinese national comgress passed a law in which China began to protect the rights of individual property , so I think that China is in the right direction to move forward to prosperity.

However at the same time China is still lack of freedom and democracy, people in China doesn't have the rights to elect their leaders, China doesn't have the freedom of press and speech, Chinese government still blocks many oversea Websites, so there are a lot of things needed to do and make China even better in the future. Do you agree with that?

Have a nice day. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Culture All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: