Site Search:

Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Do you think money is important to be happy?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do you think money is important to be happy?
Yes
66%
 66%  [ 6 ]
No
33%
 33%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 9

ad-miral

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think happiness and unhappiness doesn't depend on money, it depends on your head.
1. A rich manager who earns a lot of money
Because he has to deal with money all the time, maybe he will set an exaggerated store on money. All the day he thinks about business. Maybe he will neglect his family, family life becomes strange to him, he can't identify himself with his family.

Result: A rich man doesn't have to be happy. Happiness has to do with the specific man's head, how he lives his life.

2. A poor road sweeper who stays old with his wife, they have 2 children.
They use all their money, to send one of them to school. This kid wants to thank his parents, earns great money in the future.

Result: A poor man doesn't have to be unhappy. In every situation of life, we can find a way to survive. The most important thing is: We have to be satisfied with the things we have done and to be happy with our life.
mi7

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 4:36 pm    Post subject: money is little important, but... Reply with quote

I think money is little important, but it is not everything. Surely money makes my life smoother and greater. But I can feel happy even if I don�t have "the money".
For example, if I encounter a disaster, somebody will save me. They will give me something to eat or drink, and they will lend me blankets if it is cold. The money doesn�t bring in these actions. Also I think that to make me happy is a relationship between person and the person, not only money. If we don�t have enough money, it is difficult to feel happy: material desire. But a poor family with the good conversation is happier than a rich family without the conversation. I think the rich are not necessarily happy.
So I think money is little important, but it is not everything. And the relationship is more important.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Opinions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: