Site Search:

Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What influences one's character?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Culture
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hitomi.T

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2003 6:39 pm    Post subject: What influences one's character? Reply with quote

Hello. I want to ask one question.

In Japan some people believe that a blood type influences one's character.
But I don't believe it because it isn't true medically.

I think that the environment influences one's character.
For example, family and friends.
I'm the oldest child, so it is said that I'm reliable.

In your country, what is believed influences one's character?
And what do YOU think influences one's character?

I 'm waiting for your reply. Smile
Corey

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2003 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

By blood I assume you mean genetics. I do believe this plays a part in the initial formation of a person's physical presence. But I also think that environment is a bigger factor in how a person develops, both mentally and physically.

I am an oldest son too. I hope I am reliable. Very Happy

Good luck,

Corey
shaoushaou

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2003 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my opinion, one's character might combines with his/her culture, family and education. Each country has each culture, it makes them to have their own folkway. In our life, we almost spend much time to get along with our family, the family not only plays the important role in our life, it also gives us value theories. Next factor is education. We all educated,but different departments have different hidden curriculum to teach their students, it makes them have their own specific thought to solve the problem.
Racheal17

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2003 8:27 am    Post subject: Choose your own Reply with quote

It is true that a lot of people's character develop from their parents and those they spend time with. It is important, however, not to always allow others to influence you. Your family and tradition should play a big role in who you become. Friends, however, are not always looking out for what is best for you. So make sure that whatever characteristics you develop is something that will not be a disadvantage to you in the future. Although my characteristics developed from my parents and my cultural background, i often ask myself why i have this characteristcs and whether it is a positive one and when the answer makes sense, I allow it to grow with me.
skyfam

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2003 12:58 am    Post subject: ok Reply with quote

as to me ,my daddy used to be saying dirty words, by this influences,i like cussing a lot in public,and don't quite feel it does too much matter .
know i mean?
Hitomi.T

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2003 5:44 pm    Post subject: Thank you for your reply Reply with quote

Hello. I'm very happy to see your opinion.

Character is interesting theme. I'm studying psychology, and psychology include this theme.

In Japan, each prefecture influences the person who lives in there.
I live in Hokkaido. Person who lives in Hokkaido tend to be big hearted.

In your country, does local element enfluence your character?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Culture All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: