Site Search:

Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Paying Attention To The Problem Of Child Labor

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Current News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
snoopy82891

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 6:04 am    Post subject: Paying Attention To The Problem Of Child Labor Reply with quote

I read news from BBC news few days ago. One of news that I am impressed in is about Haiti�s hidden child slaves. Originally, Haiti government abolishes slavery when it won its independence in 1804. But now, because of poverty and social breakdown, the problem of child labor becomes a secret worry in Haiti. However, I think that the problem of child labor is not just happened in Haiti, this problem has become a big problem of the world, instead. As the gap between the rich and the poor becomes bigger and bigger, many families can�t make both ends meet. Therefore, parents force their children to go out to earn money. When they was still a child, they can�t go to school to learn, play with other children, and get anything they want to like us. On the contrary, they spend the whole day working outside to earn money. Unfortunately, because they are weak child labors, they always are treated by unfair or rude demands. For example, they are often abused at work and their salary is not in proportion to work hours. As far as I am concerned, the authorities concerned have to find some ways to solve this big problem. Maybe the most important thing they have to solve first is the problem of economic. As the economic is booming again, I believe that the children�s nightmare will gone and the beautiful future is waiting for them.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Current News All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: