Site Search:

Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

natural feel good

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Health and Fitness
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cramy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 5:22 am    Post subject: natural feel good Reply with quote

I have been testing out an idea that drinking more water, improves your health.
I intended to experiment on myself and partner by drinking two litres of still bottled drinking water per day for a week, on top of what we normally drink and adding a little lemon juice to each drink.
I knew my partner did not drink enough water, she starts work at 8am, and returns home by 4pm, and during that time only has one cup of tea. Often she feels very tired and will also complain of a headache.
I started the experiment and by 10am I had drunk two glasses of water. The first thing I noticed apart from having to visit the toilet was that my energy levels had increased.
By early afternoon I noticed my moral was better, I had an urge to do more, my conversation had got better, and I felt quite witty and humorous, and even quite happy. In fact I felt quite "hipped up", as if I had taken a drug.
I thought that perhaps it was just what I had eaten on this day, however the next day I felt the same way, much better.
My partner also agreed that she had felt much better, and did not feel tired.

There is no doubt in my mind that drinking two litres of water extra on what I normally drink per day has health benefits. I know that it enhances mood, and increases energy levels. What I would like to know is what effect it has on my body organs, blood ect.
ad-miral

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

my grandma says it too! Seems to be true
Ellie-The-Vampiress

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A while ago all I'd drink would be cola, softdrinks and coffee. All of which are very bad and dehydrating for the body. About a month ago I switched to just drinking water and I've found that it's now really awkward for me to switch back to those types of drinks as they give me headaches and poor performance.
So yes, I would agree that such a small thing as drinking water does help to improve ones general health.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Health and Fitness All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: