Site Search:

Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Immortality, is it posible?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> The Strange and Mysterious
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dorian442

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 8:10 am    Post subject: Immortality, is it posible? Reply with quote

An american inventor claim his device can slow ageing and even make people immortal. Is it posible? Since there was to little time to prove it, but users says this device work by healing and redusing tiredness. You can get it for free and try. Want most information go to: http://www.alexchiu.com/affiliates/clickthru.cgi?id=dorian
Chyna

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2004 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don�t want to be inmortal
coffeedecafe

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2004 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what if you already are immortal? merry christmas to all, and peace,goodwill to all from the coming king
Traviezalizeth

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 7:53 am    Post subject: naaaa Reply with quote

that's simply impossible.

Nobody can be inmortal...except if you get the Sorcere's stone....which i think is also impossible.
KHF

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you actually read the stuff on his website, you will be amazed at how much BS this guy can come up with. Very Happy
stellara

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think, immortality is impossible, too. but having a much longer life than we have now, will be possible in some decades, i believe. the scientists are so fast in researches and they already believe to (at least half-) know the reason why we/our cells grow older and older..or, they have found a biologic mechanism that plays a great role in aging, better said... i think there are so many complicated mechanisms, as in all biologic processes, that we will need a long time to map it al out..
greez Wink

MOKEY ROCKS!!!
admiral

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, that's exactly what I wanted to say.

But even if you could lenthen your age until 3000 years. Maybe then your greatest wish is to sit on the electric chair.
kathepurn

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 6:48 pm    Post subject: Inmortality posible or not Reply with quote

�The inmortality will be posible when you do important things for the humanity.�
hoshi

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

long time ago people said: "a car? it is imposible"
"a computer? it is imposible" "television?..." "internet?..." "organ transplants?..."
And now it is normal
Sarraa

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Immortality is impossible. Period.

One may live long, but they will definately die one way or another.
Yinglish

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Immortality is possible in a sense that a computer will be able to capture the entire memories of a person and make available for retrieval by later generations. The problem is making those memories conscious and respond to human interaction. When that day comes, humanity will be immortal in thoughts but not in biological body -- mechanical body perhaps.

Think about this: Your average pocket calculator is more powerful than the first computer (ENIAC, 1943) that weighed 30 tons and two stories tall.

http://www.smartcomputing.com/editorial/article.asp?article=articles/1999/s1009/38s09/38s09.asp&articleid=6371&guid=
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> The Strange and Mysterious All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: