Site Search:

Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Where do you from?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Travel
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pao18

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 8:13 am    Post subject: Where do you from? Reply with quote

My name is Kelly. I'm from Costa Rica,it is a small country in the middle of America, but interesting, you can find great variety of environmental resources and different kinds of people.

I'm a student and I like meet with people from different countries and different cultures.

�Where are you from ?

�What you can tell me about your culture?
Lilyinthedark

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 9:31 pm    Post subject: representin' C to the A Reply with quote

My name's Suzanne, I'm from Ottawa, which is in Ontario, Canada.

Ottawa is the capital of Canada, so we have the Parliament buildings here, therefore a prime place to go for politics and to see protests downtown.

Canada formally has two languages, French and English. Most signs you see are in both, even though I'd say most people do not speak both. Quebec often fights to separate from Canada and be its own entity because they are all French and have quite a different culture, but for now they are one with Canada (also because I doubt they'd survive 5 mins by themselves).

Ottawa is pretty quiet overall, Toronto which is about a 4 hr drive away is alot more loud, busy, materialistic, and into celebrities and rockstars.

Many people may not like Ottawa weather because during winter it can be -30 degrees C, and summer can be 30+ degrees C.

Montreal in particular is known for this food called Poutine. which is french fries with gravy and cheese curds on top. Tastes pretty fabulous.

Overall, people eat a typical Western diet though, which is an unhealthy one. And they don't particularly care about the environment either. Our public transit system is terrible, so alot of people just drive themselves however far they have to go.

Oh, and Ottawa is basically a mass of Shawarma stands (meat and vegetables in a pita) and Tattoo parlors.
Oriani

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am from Venezuela.. Beauty land...
jmejiasr_88

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oriani wrote:
I am from Venezuela.. Beauty land...

I know very little envelope Venezuela; I imagine that it is a very beautiful country.
Could you be on some very special aspects of your country?

Do you know something about Costa Rica?

I wait for your answers
ansrb5643

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi! i'm from korea. southe korea. our country is small but beautiful place. our delivery service is famous!! chicken, pizza, trotter..and many food can delivered!! and almost people graduate university. besides many people are kind. for example, you lost the way and you find the way people give a hand for you. i recommend our country. south korea Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Travel All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: