Site Search:

Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Have you ever listen someone saying: "I'm fat"?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
marizinha91

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 3:19 pm    Post subject: Have you ever listen someone saying: "I'm fat"? Reply with quote

Everyboby, mainly gils, say that is fat. The girl can be as thin as possible and she thinks she is fat. Have you ever listen someone saying: "I'm fat"? Of course yes. Please, post your opinion here!
Ayita20

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marizinha91

Yes, you are completely right! Almost all the girls use to say they are fat, even if they are as thin as a skinny pencil� I think that this is related to culture and society generalized thinking, I mean, all of these girls want to be the same size as the models or they fell that if they are not thin they will be socially rejected.

Nevertheless, for example, the girl in the below image, I do not think she looks nice, she is too thin, and she does not have a good body�

I think that we must change this way of think� fat girls are pretty too!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
RedRose

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am fat, I am fat, I am fat!

and I am a little bit fat, frankly. but I am not as thin as the girl whose picture Ayita20 just posted above.

I have a dream: to become as skinny as possible. but Bob used to tell me:"if a man likes skinny girls, just let him go. bone is for Dogs, but meat is for human being." so now I am ok with my extra weight. however, since here in the South China, only those small-sized clothes are pretty, because almost all women are thin here, in order to put pretty fashions on, I still need to lose some of my weight. and I did lose some. thank God, now I am in a relatively good shape.
Ayita20

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RedRose!

You look beautiful in the picture you have attached! Laughing

I think that you are facing exactly what I explained before... The culture makes people to loose weight just because of fashion or because of almost all the other girls are thin! However, I really like the sentence that Bob told you... I have never listen to it before but I really liked it! And the most important thing is that you are happy as you are! Cool
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
RedRose

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks Ayita20.

I guess you are a girl, right? because very few men would try to lose weight.
Dixie

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most girls I hear saying "I'm fat" are thin girls! I just can't stand that. Don't they look at themselves in the mirror?
hoshi

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RedRose wrote:
thanks Ayita20.

I guess you are a girl, right? because very few men would try to lose weight.
She is a girl. We are at the same university.
Luma

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Mari, you are right, I already listen a lot of thin girls saying that they are fat. It is a problem because it's the society who makes they feel this way.

We all should be proud about how we are. And nothing or anyone could make we feel bad about our looking.
Every woman is beautiful! Very Happy
elba

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I�m fat, I�m fat, I�m fat; but belive me I have the most beautifull legs you could imagine!!!!!
Really, I�m fat, but I�m too sexy, beautifull, kind, good maner, etc., almost the princes of your dream.
The responsables of Anorexia and Bulimia are the fashion designer who are not enought intelligent to design clothes to fat women.
All the clothes to fat women seams to be the vest of a pillow.
I�m fat but I use miniskirt, jeans, beautiful blouses, sexy shoes, etc.
The only problem to a fat people is the healthy, we must to be healty, but if we are fat and healthy what is the problem???.
ad-miral

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

girls, sometimes they believe they are the most attractive woman in the world when a boy is interested in them, and sometimes they believe they are the most unattractive woman because they are a kilogram heavier or so.

Laughing

this is called fat

and this is not normal, I mean, women want to lose fat to attract boys. And boys, we want to have something to touch in bed. I mean what should a man touch here?

hoshi

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ad-miral wrote:
...boys, we want to have something to touch in bed. I mean what should a man touch here?
I agree! I prefer a normal woman, not so fat and not so thin Wink
RedRose

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG, the two women whose picture Admiral just posted above are really obese! they really need to lose weight! I wonder how they get into the car? is that their car? the seats of the car are still ok

and elba, I have your picture, you are sexy.
beancurdturtle

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RedRose wrote:
OMG, the two women whose picture Admiral just posted above are really obese! they really need to lose weight! I wonder how they get into the car? is that their car? the seats of the car are still ok

and elba, I have your picture, you are sexy.

Holy cow! All three of those women make me nauseous. Shocked

Ok, now I'm really starting to wonder. How does every one else get everyone's pictures? I have to guess what everyone looks like. I had NO idea hoshi was a rabbit. Confused

Darn, darn, darn!

�Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.�
--Dr. Seuss
RedRose

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

beancurdturtle wrote:
Holy cow! All three of those women make me nauseous. Shocked

all three of those women make you nauseous? you mean, even the thin one? come on! my dream is to getting as thin as this woman!
beancurdturtle

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RedRose wrote:

all three of those women make you nauseous? you mean, even the thin one? come on! my dream is to getting as thin as this woman!

Yikes!

Get a new dream honey!

�Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.�
--Dr. Seuss
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Opinions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: