Site Search:

Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

K S A

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Culture
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ela2004

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 7:12 pm    Post subject: K S A Reply with quote

There is a lot of interesting thing a bout my country for example the clothes in my country always the men wear white cotton clothe with a red piece of cotton we put it on the head because the hot climate .also in my country every body use the car for transposition because it isn�t expensive and the hot climate. We have a special kind of market in the down city in this market you can buy any thing you want by good price by using bargaining. Also we have special kind of food name it AL KABSA its contain rice with meet.
pugachevV

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only interesting thing about your country is that you have a lot of oil.
fa6ma

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The only interesting thing about your country is that you have a lot of oil.

u r so shallow and material person to think only about this Mad
Anuradha Chepur

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, as usual, nobody should disagree with you-all?
Bob S.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 8:03 pm    Post subject: Re: K S A Reply with quote

ela2004 wrote:
AL KABSA its contain rice with meet.
"..meat." Watch those homophones. They trip up even native English speakers.
ahm_k1

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 3:36 am    Post subject: ye Reply with quote

Great that KABSA I have tasted it ... very delicious exept the way it is eaten .... Surprised
KSA also got a large economical relations with countries all over the world a way from oil ....it is very beautiful with its native generous people
Very Happy Smile
pugachevV

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What will you do when the oil runs out?
k.m.m

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 11:27 pm    Post subject: Re: K S A Reply with quote

Bob S. wrote:
ela2004 wrote:
AL KABSA its contain rice with meet.
"..meat." Watch those homophones. They trip up even native English speakers.

may be the meaning is when you meet the meat you have to eat ...heehhehhh..

it is correct the spealling is wrong , in arabic meat is "laham" remember the city in west bank/palastine "Bait Lahem (Bethelem)" read as the city of meat !!!
but laham in Hebrow means the bread and bait means in both arabic and Hebrow the place , house.

kmm
k.m.m

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pugachevV wrote:
What will you do when the oil runs out?

Oh my Goodness, what we will do , may be watching !! ..what's next ??
oil will remain for the next 50 to 80 years ..KSA is producing 10 million barrels/ day , whooo so big , the price of oil is going up to 70 plus $ .., how much the price of oil do you think if Saudi cut their production to half .?,sure the price will reach 150-200 $ per barrel .., and how much if no 10 million barrels every day on the market ....!!!we know It will be horrible for the whole world from the far east to the far west all will suffer, including us off course...

kmm
pugachevV

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was asking a serious question.
KSA's wealth is based on oil. It will run out during your lifetime, or at least during the lifetime of your children.
Also there are, finally, serious attempts being made to get fuel from other sources, such as ethanol .
There is a chance that if these efforts are successful, the price of oil will stabilize or decline.
In the meantime the oil producers who are members of the price fixing ring OPEC, are not making themselves any friends.
k.m.m

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pugachevV wrote:
I was asking a serious question.
KSA's wealth is based on oil. It will run out during your lifetime, or at least during the lifetime of your children.
Also there are, finally, serious attempts being made to get fuel from other sources, such as ethanol .
There is a chance that if these efforts are successful, the price of oil will stabilize or decline.
In the meantime the oil producers who are members of the price fixing ring OPEC, are not making themselves any friends.

Thanks pugachevV:

To be frank with you, I don't know, no answer ...

Fuel from other source will not be reliable and need time, big time to implement.
Problems in OPEC can be solved, when its happened during oil price go down! When its high i see no problems "every body is happy"

Shortage of oil in the market will effect every body whether healthy or poor.. This is a fact.
The whole world can not live with out oil at least the three or for decades.
it is true KSA wealth depends on oil .
Things will help to reduce the problem in my opinion .
1- concentrate on the petrochemical company more and more.
2- control birth must be introduce to public , even religious people will go against.
3- activite the tourest industry " one collage is not enough" and open the country for tourists from all over the world ,our neighboring in GCC, Dubai as example , 98% of OIL in the United Arab Emirates only in Abu DHABI and not in Dubai.
Play a good role in stabilizing the region and be away from wars or new occupations!!! .

Smile

KMM
pugachevV

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In USA the price of corn has doubled because of the demand for it as a raw material for making ethanol.
This means that any excess corn will be turned into ethanol rather than given away to hungry people around the world.
I think KSA cannot grow enough food to feed its own people?
So, you need to be thinking ahead now, given how slowly governments react to change.
k.m.m

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://archive.gulfnews.com/articles/07/06/23/10134279.html

More than 30 cars in Oman- GCC are already powered by the palm-based biofuel developed by Mohammed al-Harethi, who is planning to market the new fuel in the United Arab Emirates later, Emirates Today said.

The vehicles are running 85 percent on the new fuel and 15 percent on petrol without the need to convert the engine, Harithi was quoted as saying.
"If things go according to plan we are going to open the first filling station selling this fuel in Oman by 2010," he said.

The date palm is one of the most common trees in the desert Gulf states(GCC), which sit on the world's largest oil reserves.

KMM
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Culture All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: