Site Search:

Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Dirty talk in a class
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RedRose

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most of the time, life is boring, we really need some dirty words as an ice break.

For example, the word absolutely doesn't sound as exciting as the word abso-fu ckin-lutely.
Raven767

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have taught since 1983 (83-95 Military, 96-08 Civilian), from MS to College. I have cursed twice in class. I regret both, but they were understandable.

1. I had a troublesome 8th grader sitting in the back of the class. I told him to come up to the front. He refused. I asked why, he said, "I don't know what you're going to do."
I walked back to his seat, leaned over and whispered, "if I was going to slap the *beep* out of you, I would have come back here and done it."
I returned to the front of the class and told him to come forward. He did. He never said another word in class.

2. I had a lectern that had a place for me to place my foot. However, it was replaced. The first day, I put my foot up and it fell forward and I stumbled against the lectern.
The HS students laughed hysterically. I responded with 'if I fell and busted my ass, you would all die." They, and I, had a great laugh.

I have used the terms 'ass' (donkey), '*beep*' (female dog) and 'damned' (cursed) in class in the proper context and the proper explanation.
RedRose

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raven767 wrote:
1. I had a troublesome 8th grader sitting in the back of the class. I told him to come up to the front. He refused. I asked why, he said, "I don't know what you're going to do."
I walked back to his seat, leaned over and whispered, "if I was going to slap the *beep* out of you, I would have come back here and done it."
I returned to the front of the class and told him to come forward. He did. He never said another word in class.

Haha! I have another idea, how about "If you don't do what I demand you to do, I am gonna do your mother!" ?

You know, since you were whispering, it only worked on this troublesome boy.
Raven767

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="RedRose"][quote="Raven767"]You know, since you were whispering, it only worked on this troublesome boy.[/quote]

Actually, the opposite. He would not tell anyone that I scared him and I would not tell anyone. All they knew was that a little smart-ass started to keep his mouth shut.

I had no problems after that.... from anyone.... it got around school real fast.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Opinions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: