Site Search:

Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The earthquake in japan, rainsorm in china and the plane ..

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Current News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Leon Young

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 10:10 pm    Post subject: The earthquake in japan, rainsorm in china and the plane .. Reply with quote

the earthquake in japan,and rainstorm in china and the plane accident in brazil which i think they have a certain connection.

our nature gave the punishment to the humman,this year we have a lot of sad stories,and i do not want any more,it's enough!

and may be more of us should pay to the environment-protecting!
Leon Young

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry,Pay attention to the environment-protecting.
Bob S.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 11:13 am    Post subject: Re: The earthquake in japan, rainsorm in china and the plane Reply with quote

Leon Young wrote:
the earthquake in japan,and rainstorm in china and the plane accident in brazil which i think they have a certain connection.
The only connection is that they were all on the news.

Earthquakes in Japan is like ice in Alaska: you're going to encounter it eventually. This last one was small compared to an even BIGGER quake in Kobe 12 years ago.

And not to sound course, but massive flooding in China is a regular occurance. You're lucky to have a year when hundreds of people are NOT killed by floodwaters.

And the plane crash appears to be a civil engineering design failure on the part of the runway. Rainwater, instead of draining away, collected into large slippery puddles.
Leon Young

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh,you are right,Bob i just want to look for some excuses that help me to point out the enviromental problems.

someday if it the enviroment was broken deeply,then a rainstorm may not just kill hundred men,

and in centain respect,if people have not invented plane,then there would not be any accidents at all.and i know which i said just make nonsence.
^^
and from a book i have just read,the author said that people just try to create many ways to live a convinient life,but the result is alway unexpexted,which make life more confused.
Bob S.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speaking of disasters, goodness, it has been a bad Earthquake season the past couple months! Shocked Sad

Stoll's Corollary to Godwin's Law: Once a discussion reaches a comparison to Nazis or Hitler, its usefulness is over.
Leon Young

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bob S. wrote:
Speaking of disasters, goodness, it has been a bad Earthquake season the past couple months! Shocked Sad

Stoll's Corollary to Godwin's Law: Once a discussion reaches a comparison to Nazis or Hitler, its usefulness is over.
Bob,Thank for you imformation,I never know there are so many earthquakes in just few days,but fortunately,they seems like most happened beside the islands or near the some coat.i want to know if they are disasterous.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Current News All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: