Site Search:

Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Do you fear Death?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
If.Not

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 6:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Do you fear Death? Reply with quote

Jekzhou wrote:
When do we actually fear death?

Sometimes,I fear death so much.
Sometimes,I am very very eager for death.
lancesky

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RedRose wrote:
garfield_jesse wrote:
I dont fear death. I only fear about safeness of my family. My mom passed away 20 years ago, and i dont wanna lost anyone anymore Sad Sad Sad

I am so sorry. a kid losing her mother can be the worst thing ever! when I was little, one of my good friends lost her mother(her mother had breast canser). she has seemed never happy since her mother died.

In this respect, I keep my daughter happy.

you hit the point. i focus on my relatives' health. when i was stuck in the complicated situations and wanted to give up, i am inclined to show complaint about my lousy destiny. but the feeling vanished at the idea that i have a happy family and my parents are still alive. indeed,the exsistence of the person you concern is the source of your happiness.
cherish every second with your loved ones. you will be the lucky dog.
rosemary010

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 6:36 am    Post subject: I am afraid of death. Reply with quote

I am afraid of death. And I think most of us could not face death because we lack courage. Although we know death is unpredictable and common, we do fear that moment. Because at the last minute we�ll have a lot of regrets, may be some of the dreams have not been accomplished. It�s the time for us to be apart away from our beloved family and friends. The time limit is unbearable. Only at that time we realize we had wasted a lot of time, we should cherish every seconds. The feeling of leaving someone is a painful experience. But if there is no death, we will not know what the meaning of life is.
yukinaaaaa

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am afraid of death, too. I think that death is to lose everything. So I think that there is no heaven. To begin with, who invented �Sanzu no Kawa� and �heaven�? I do not believe such things. I think that no one looked them, and if you look them, you have already been dead!

I lost my great-grandmother about three years ago. At that time I thought that I cannot meet her forever and I do not want to die. And I thought that I do not want to lose my relative, too. I understand that people die someday. So I want to die a peaceful death in my power.

I am afraid that I cannot meet my friend, family, and so on. And I have many things to want to do. I want to die after I am satisfied with my life. So I do not want to die now.
hideka

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:22 pm    Post subject: Do you fear Death? Reply with quote

Jekzhou wrote:
When do we actually fear death?

I fear death. I fear that there might be a chance to lose someone around me. It is my friend, my family, my teacher�etc. I have never lost them. So, I don�t know how sad I will be. I wish my close person is good health. In addition to, I want not to die when I have a child. Iwant to take care my child ,and want to look at her for a long long time. Because I love children! If I have child , I want to live as long as possible. But death will come to me someday. So, I will try to enjoy every day as much as possible. Don�t waist a day. Because I don�t know when I die.
Honami9

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am studying Japanese history in college. There, I can understand the history and culture of even different age that I hadn�t been born yet. But if I died, I can never know how this world become in future. When I think so, I fear death. Now, it�s natural for me to be here and feel everything, so I cannot imagine the world I�m not in.
And, When I think of the death of person I need, for example, my family, my friends, my pet and my favorite artist and so on. In fact, I may fear the death of these more than myself. Because while I am still alive, I feel that it�s fearful for me to die. But , After I died, I cannot understand it. However, the death of person I love will give me pain as long as I am alive.
Vermonter_84

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is no room for fear in life and there is no time to waste. Have goals but keep them vague and open to compromise. If you plan everything out you will miss out on too many adventures. I do not fear death, if I did I would not consider racing cars which I love too much to give up.

Know one knows whether death, which people fear to be the greatest evil, may not be the greatest good. -Plato
PeterAlex

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No I don't fear death,
Death is a natural part of life.

The only thing that I fear is how I die
Car accident . . .
Cancer . . .
or possibly a brutal murder.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Opinions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: