Site Search:

Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How can you lose weight healthy?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hyunge

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 7:52 pm    Post subject: How can you lose weight healthy? Reply with quote

Hi! I'm 23 years old, and I live in South Korea.

I think all people think about losing weight at least once.

Most Korean women... are all skinny.
I was quite overweight, so I decided to lose some weight.
And I was able to lose about 15 pounds in 1 month!!

I ate breakfast & lunch as I used to.
And for dinner, I only ate 1 baked potato and 1 grape before 6pm.
I also stopped eating snacks.
I think that was the most difiicult thing to do...
because I usually ate snacks more than 2 times every day!!
Oh!! And I ran about 30 minutes, 3 times a week.

Tell me what you think is the most efficient way to lose weight healthy?
RedRose

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am the expert of weight-losing, but I am in the middle of something right now, I will tell you the effecient way to lose weight after I come back from the bathroom.

Depends on how long I will spend in the bathroom Wink
If.Not

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am a little fat in my face.

My classmate are calling me moon-face. Confused

I also want to lose some weight of my face,but how could I do it efficiently?
Lorikeet

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 7:25 am    Post subject: Re: How can you lose weight healthy? Reply with quote

hyunge wrote:
Hi! I'm 23 years old, and I live in South Korea.

I think all people think about losing weight at least once.

Most Korean women... are all skinny.
I was quite overweight, so I decided to lose some weight.
And I was able to lose about 15 pounds in 1 month!!

I ate breakfast & lunch as I used to.
And for dinner, I only ate 1 baked potato and 1 grape before 6pm.
I also stopped eating snacks.
I think that was the most difiicult thing to do...
because I usually ate snacks more than 2 times every day!!
Oh!! And I ran about 30 minutes, 3 times a week.

Tell me what you think is the most efficient way to lose weight healthy?

Since Red Rose is apparently still in the bathroom, I will answer your question. You did a lot of good things. You stopped eating snacks and ran 3 times a week. Exercise, cutting out bad food, and not overeating are the most important ways to lose weight.

However, I don't agree that eating one baked potato and 1 grape is necessarily a good balanced dinner. If you eat a good dinner but smaller portions, and if you don't go to bed right after you eat, you should do fine. Eating fewer calories and more healthy foods and exercising are the most important. It is easy to lose weight on many different kinds of ridiculous diets. The hard part is to keep the weight from coming back. I don't think you will want to eat one potato and a grape for dinner forever, so you have to learn how to have regular meals without eating too much.
RedRose

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

haha! I was out of the bathroom already. I just forgot I had left something undone here, sorry.

To lose weight, you have to eat little carbo, as little as you can. Carbo is the most powerful enemy of weight-losing, more serious than fat food. therefore, you better live on plenty of vagetables, a little meat, but very very little carbo.

With such a method, I lost 4kg in a month. I never exercise, because I am too lazy. Since the diet I just wrote works pretty well, why should I exercise and sweat like my mother? my mother, who exercises everyday, has never losed a single pound since 2004. she eats whatever she likes, fried potatoes, sausage, dumplings, pork...when she eats food, it seems that food was her whole world. Last year, she came to my city to help me take care of my daughter. she still exercised everyday, she ran from this room to that room, because in my city, she had no friends to accompany her to run, she felt embarrassed to run outside. everyday she ran into my room and ran out, and everytime when she ran into, she always said "you are such an idler!" under a heavy breath, that was really amusing Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Opinions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: