Site Search:

Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Which food represents your country?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Food
View previous topic :: View next topic  
moonyoung

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, I'm from korea. Korean famous food is bibimbap,kimchi,and bulgogi. Jeonju is famous for bibimbap. Gwangju is famous for kimchi. Eonyang is famous for bulgogi. but you go restaurants wherever are delicious Smile
Claire321

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2016 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is not true that the USA associated with fast food. We have plenty of national dishes. I can agree that they are relitivelu new but it's our pride.Of all the American staple dishes, cheeseburgers rank among the most coveted. Americans serve cheeseburgers steaming hot, and as a main course for lunch or dinner. The classic recipe includes a meat patty, usually beef, although variations exist including chicken, turkey and even faux meat, grilled to desired texture, then topped with melted cheese. Toppings include lettuce, tomato, pickles and onions; the concoction, upon completion, rests between two sandwich buns. For dessert, especially in the summer, Americans enjoy ice cream sundaes and ice cream sodas. Ice cream, once reserved as a treat for the elite, enjoyed widespread popularity with the emergence of ice cream parlors following World War II. Americans enjoy ice cream sundaes of all kinds, including chocolate and vanilla, with toppings such as sprinkles and whipped cream. Ice cream sodas include a scoop or two of ice cream, traditionally vanilla, with root beer or similar carbonated beverage.
k27ayane

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi! I'm Japanese and 20 years old.

Japanese food is sushi, Yakiniku, Tempra, Sashimi, Shabu-shabu and so on.

I love Sushi very much! I often go to Kaiten-Sushi with my friends.
Kaiten-Sushi is a type of Sushi restaurant that serves dishes on a revolving counter. There are outside Sushi meals like miso-soup, french fry, dessert and so on.
I love Yakiniku too. It is grilled meat and dipped in a sauce. When I am tired,eat Yakiniku and feel better and cheered up!

I want to eat cuisines from all over the world!
k31ayano

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello, I'm Japanese girl.
I think famous japanese food is miso soup, rice. natto, sushi, soba etc.
I like natto but many other country people don't like it because of smell and stickiness. I recommend to eat natto on the rice. It is so good, so sometime I really want to eat that. "Washoku" is good for health and delicious!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Food All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: