Site Search:

Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The flirting of old men
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RedRose

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clarissa, I have to admit that you are lucky. Actually, I feel the same way about older men too. But unfortunately, older men don't even give me a damn. I guess maybe they think I am too crazy. They just want peace and calmness in their 50's and 60's. A nut is not necessary for people of that age.

However, that's life. I have to accept the reality. I try hard to get along with young people, because they are always attracted to me, and always nice to me. But sometimes these unfledged birds get mad for no reason, wait...maybe for jealousy, God knows! frankly speaking, jealousy and ego aside, these unfledged birds sometimes really know how to cheer you up, they can be really romantic. They can almost put you into some delusion: young foxes are perfect soulmates. But remember, they get carried out anytime, which pull you from the delusion into the reality.
LeBron

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ClarissaMach, I understand your opinion.

But about one think I'm still wondered. You said:
"Common sense has it that men in their 40's, 50's usually have read much more, have travelled much more, even dated much more than men in their 20's, 30's."

Doesn't it bother you if you know, that your BF had a lot of other girls before yourself? Or is it all the same for you?

Greetings,
LeBron
ClarissaMach

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LeBron, I believe that living affective relationships is something that teaches you how to deal with the feelings of your partner as well as with your own feelings towards him/her. So, the more you live, the more you learn.

For example: if a person has cheated once on his/her mate and lost him/her, he/she might think twice before devastating his/her next relationship just because of a one night-stand.

On the other side, if in the past you cheated on someone you loved and you regret, you might be more "sympathetic" (not sure if it's the right word) if you happen to be cheated on yourself. Souns like a paradox, I know, but I believe that forgiving a huge mistake might sometimes be the start of a true relationship.

Even when it comes to intimacy, a man who has had a lot of girlfriends (pay attention: girlfriends, not one-night-stands) has a kind of advantage over the ones who haven't.

And no, I'm not (too much) jealous... of course that when I was introduced to his ex-friend who happend to be a beauty contest-winner dancer, I felt like killing them both (just kidding Laughing )
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Opinions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: