Site Search:

Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sterilisation for sex criminals, said Sarcozy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Current News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ad-miral

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 12:03 pm    Post subject: Sterilisation for sex criminals, said Sarcozy Reply with quote

I don't know him but I like him very much. Yeah, that's the right way. Look at Germany, here sex criminals have to sit in prison for 1-5 years, if they come out, they do it again.
Bob S.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 11:28 am    Post subject: Re: Sterilisation for sex criminals, said Sarcozy Reply with quote

ad-miral wrote:
I don't know him but I like him very much. Yeah, that's the right way.
I'm with you on that. He gives me hope that the French are not just a bunch of cheese-eating surrender monkeys.

Stoll's Corollary to Godwin's Law: Once a discussion reaches a comparison to Nazis or Hitler, its usefulness is over.
Anuradha Chepur

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the word is 'castration' or 'emasculation'.
Sterilization won't stop them, it will only ensure the victim, if it is a woman, doesn't get pregnant.
ad-miral

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

haha well I' don't know so many of those words like you do, Anuradha...
You know I'm very shy etc. Laughing
Bob S.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ad-miral wrote:
haha well I' don't know so many of those words like you do, Anuradha...
You know I'm very shy etc. Laughing
Well, you will learn enough about emasculation after you are married. Laughing

ad-miral

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing yeah, maybe 1,5 or 2 years Mr. Green
I can't wait for that, I think it's such a long time!
And I don't like my parents, hahaha, they say: Maybe you should look at this and that girl and think about whether you want to cancle the fianceship, hahaha ohmygod
openenglish

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is kind of a tricky thing, although on paper it might seem like a very good idea, what happens if someone is found guilty of being a sex criminal by mistake? are we really willing to risk potentially harming an innocent victim in such a cruel way?
I mean, if there were never any mistakes and you could be 100% sure that everyone who is convicted is in fact a sex criminal it would be perfect, but I don't know if you can ever be 100% sure.
CP

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What about this: After the rapist / molester serves a long time in prison, fit him with a tamper-proof, non-removable GPS device and record all his movements onto a computer. Every time any similar crime is committed, check the criminal's location at the time of the crime, and if the device places him at the scene of the crime, arrest and charge him immediately. And double the sentence for each repeat offense.

He'll be easy to find for the arrest, by the way.

Make the punishment for tampering with or removing the GPS device life in prison without possibility of parole. Even criminals, not known for their high intelligence as a group, should realize that such a punishment is not worth the risk.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Current News All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: