Site Search:

Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The most brilliant lesbian in the world

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RedRose

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 9:11 am    Post subject: The most brilliant lesbian in the world Reply with quote

Look at her, so charismatic and sweethearted, not because of her appearance, but because of her intelligence and sense of humor.

Do you like Ellen Degeneres? I do. she makes me laugh a lot, with her spontaneous humor and her brilliant monologs like the one she made on 79th Academy Awards and the one she had on the Emmy awards. She is a carefree, smart, and sweet woman. Everytime her performance always amazes me.

No wonder she is my hero, despite her sexual orientation. As I said before, I am a little bit homophobic now, and I used to be VERY homophobic. It was Ellen who made me less homophobic.

When I first watched her performance in 2003, I was surprised by her wonderful comic relief, and then I checked her information on internet, oh, god, she was a lesbian. so I got to know some gay people were funny and bright. Since then I have been just a little homophobic. not so big.
RedRose

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what the hell is going on here? Am I the only fan of Ellen?

I can't believe that!
Bob S.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RedRose wrote:
Am I the only fan of Ellen?
Oh, not at all! I'm a big fan of Ellen's stand-up comedy routines. I don't watch her daily show (chat shows are not my thing), but I think she is a very witty and entertaining comedian. Lesbians, particularly feminist lesbians, are stereotypically humorless and full of hatred toward men, but Ellen is not like that at all. I can watch her without feeling insulted.

By the way, if you enjoy Ellen Degeneres' humor, you might also like the writings of Camille Paglia. She is a lesbian feminist also who is an intellectual and, like Ellen, also is very witty and does not show hatred to men.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Opinions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: