Site Search:

Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Prsidential Election!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Current News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Yumi a.k.a. C.R.E.A.M

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 11:10 pm    Post subject: Prsidential Election!! Reply with quote

Finaly the heat up of the Presidential Election has settled down and Barack Obama was elected the next president of the united states. First Black man to be president in the US history!

Living in Japan, i think this means alot to us too. I'm very excited and psyched to see what he will do in his term.

I'm sure there may be people that dont agree with me but as Sen, McCain said i hope everyone can move beyond their differences and work together to get USA moving again!

kay now to get to my point. I want to discuss about the Elections in Japan and all around the world.
When I was in the states 4 years ago i found that students there were eager to participate in the election. even students that couldnt vote were working hard to spread the word to vote.
Even more younger people voted this year and many for the first time.
alot of my friends in the states volunteered for political parties and i was very impressed how they showed so much consern for their country.

I dont know how it is around the world but i know that here in Japan the voting rate is about 50% or so and i feel like it gets lower every year. some young people are trying hard to get everyone to vote but i dont think its enough to get people to want to vote.

how is it in your country?? i cant think of a way to get young japanese people to have a little more concern on their country and more interested to vote.
i think we need a serious change in Japan soon!!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Current News All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: