Site Search:

Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Two Kinds of Mothers
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
popofish0607

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 5:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Two Kinds of Mothers Reply with quote

debbie chou wrote:
There are two kinds of mothers one who stays at home and one who works outside the home. They are different in caring families and focus of daily life. The time and energy they spend on caring family is different. Mother who stays at home has more time and can cook almost every meal for family. She can take care of old grandparents at home and clean the house. Mother who works outside the home has less time so she seldom cooks on her own. Her children usually have to wait her home after school and have to learn to be independent earlier. The two kinds of mothers’ points of family and work are different. Mother who stays at home views her family caring work as her whole work. She will feel lonely after her children grow up. She might want to find a job then but she can hardly find one. Mother who works outside the home does not put whole her effort in the family. She still can lead a meaningful life even though her children leave home. She has another relationship in her work place and she can live with time.

Well done saying and it is the question that most of the women are facing nowadays. To me my mother is who you called who works outside the home. And it is true that she is always so busy and rarely cook the meal for us so most of the time is my father who cook for the family and I found out that my parents work on this part very well. And just as you have said that those children whose mother works outside home will have to learn to be independent earlier but to me I don't think to grow up earlier than others is a bad thing. On the contrary, through our mother's working experience and her reaction from her work and the society we can see how the chain goes nowadays and have a chance to prepare ourselves earlier. To me eventhough it is true that if the mother stays at home, she can surely give more care on her faimly than the mother who works outside home, but I think the more important is that how the family find the balancing point to run a harmonious family. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Opinions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: