Site Search:

Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

inventions
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tudtoo

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 12:04 am    Post subject: The most important invention Reply with quote

The most important invention is electricity because if there is no electricity, there also would not be any conveniences such as a fridge, a washing machine, computers, transportation, etc. Our world would get dark because of no light from electricity. Additionally, we hardly find anything to substitute for electricity. Even the sun cannot because the sun does not shine all the time. If we ran out of electricity, the dark would come into our life. Oh,my God! Crying or Very sad
era

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 8:27 am    Post subject: the best invention for me Reply with quote

I think the car is the best invention.Many people used horses one hundred years ago. But now, everybody is using a car. Firstly, if you have a car, you move quickly everywhere. It is safe. You drive yourself. Your hands have all control. The time is the most important for workers.If you go to work by car, you save time. Finally, you can relax to travel. The car is yours and your rules.
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Carolina92

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 8:31 am    Post subject: The Most Important Invention Reply with quote

The Most Important Invention : THE MEDICINE Idea

I think Medicine is the most important invention

First, medicine allows us to find new cures with people who did research like Louis Pasteur, Pierre, and Marie Curie. Medicine allows us to eradicate some disease like rabies. It's why medicine saves many lives each year in the world.

Furthermore, we use it to help relieve some pain with pills and other kinds of medicines like acupuncture (Chinese Medicine). During this century, medicine has evolved and humans can live longer.

Lastly, medicine allows doctors to travel and discover new people in the world with organization like UNICEF and Doctors Without Borders)
wildplife

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 8:32 am    Post subject: language Reply with quote

I think language is the best invention. There are many reasons. First of all, we can communicate with many people. So, we can understand what people are saying. And, languages can establish our culture. For example, when we speak English, we must put our opinion first. When we speak Japanese, we usually express our opinion indirectly. Finally, we can tell a lie with language. So, we can become lazy.
For example,"I didn't have any time to do my homework!" Rolling Eyes
yunseok

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 8:35 am    Post subject: wristwatch Reply with quote

I think the greast invention in my life is a wristwatch. There are four reason. First, a wristwatch is very small. If you want, you can bring it anywhere. Second, it's easy. You can change the time very easily. And it looks good. A wristwatch looks very smart and fashionable. If you don't have a wristwatch, maybe your arm looks boring. Finally, we can use it a very long time. A wristwatch is very strong. If you buy a wristwatch, you can use for your whole life time.
Oh, Don't forget - sometimes you have to change the battery.
Ock hyungeun

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 8:42 am    Post subject: Microwave Reply with quote

I think the microwave is the best invention in the world.
There are some reasons.
First, it is very fast to melt the frozen food, so you can eat fast.
Besides, it is easy to use. You just have to put it in,
and press the start button.
Futhermore, you can save energy by using it,
because needs lower energy than using gas.
In conclusion, the microwave is the most useful invention.
Adeline

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the greatest invention in the world is the credit card. First, credit cards are internationnal. You can get cash in every country. It is also realy easy to use. You just have to make a password. Also you don't need to carry a lot of money in your pocket.
Finaly, credit cards give insurrance when you travel, when you loose your bag, and when you have dammages.
akasya

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think telephone is one of the greatest inventions in the world
jessicadold

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

from Fred:
Sports, for me, is a good invention. The reason is you learn to lose and win. Also, sports are good for your life. You can do whatever you like and have excellent health. Then, you get in shape, because you do a lot of exercise that makes your body a good form. Finally, sports are prevelant all around the world and provid the biggest events, like the World Cup and the Olympic Games.
Jenniferdu521

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Internet is one of the most important inventions.

For now, I always work with a computer.

When I need some important data, I got them on the related website.

I can finish my work in a short time for the correct data I got from the website.

In such time, I always think that if there is no internet.
I should buy lots of book or go to the library to search data.
That must be use a lot of time to do one thing which only need severy hours to do it on net.

We can do more things in a quauntity time. How importan the invention is!
jerlinhuang

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Jennifer's opinion.I think comupter is the most important invention.If we have not a computer,our's work will become more difficult.In the other word, without computer,without work.So,When I was busy working, I want my computer broken-down,hehe... Laughing
Jenniferdu521

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha, Jerlin, you are so cute!

Infact, there are so many important inventions, such as telephone, cell phone, air plane or train.

Human kind are always clever beyond our imagine!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Opinions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: