Site Search:

Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Colombian Women

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Culture
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pdolivas

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 9:28 am    Post subject: Colombian Women Reply with quote

Has any one had any experience with Colombian women? Dating or marriage wise? There are two Colombian ladies I an really interested in. Both want to marry me. My Spanish is pretty weak (so it their English) but they do not seem to care. They both know I live in the US and both are willing to relocate. They are both beautiful and sincere but, I wonder if the cultural and language differences are just too great. I need some advice
pdolivas

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 9:21 am    Post subject: clarification Reply with quote

First, let me clarify that I am not actively seeking to get married to either lady. What I am most interested in is the cultural differences between Americans and Latins. Aside from the obvious items such as language and location.
pugachevV

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You may find that if you were to marry one of them, once she had attained US citizenship, her sincerity might diminish along with her wish to remain married.
Buena Suerte.
pdolivas

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 2:34 pm    Post subject: again Reply with quote

Again... I am not looking to marry. I am only interested in cultural differences.
I love the latin people.
Antikristo85

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 7:26 pm    Post subject: COLOMBIAN WOMEN Reply with quote

The Colombian Women are pretty all of them ...if u are there ..u always have problems with u neck ...'cause u can�t look all the women at the same time jajaja..
Corey

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do have some experience in this area.

My advice is to be careful and not underestimate the cultural differences. You may find that small things turn into big differences.

Good luck,

Corey
GringoInColombia

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 8:40 pm    Post subject: Don't get fooled into marrying them!!! Reply with quote

Hate to burst your bubble, but the 2 Colombian women aren't actually interested in marrying you... they're interested in marrying ANYONE who can help them get a US citizenship and get them to the US. Do you really think that with your weak Spanish and their weak English that you are all of a sudden so attractive to Colombian women??? You mention they're willing to relocate.... OF COURSE they're willing to relocate, that is their primary goal, marrying you is just a means of relocating... and once they get their US citizenship and / or green card, do you really think they're going to stick with you???

I don't mean to come across too harsh, but you come across as very naive and you need to be aware that many of the Colombianas are just after you because of your citizenship, not for any old-fashioned idea like love... if you don't watch out you will get used.

Hope this response didn't get to you too late...
alucard

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went out with this colombian girl my age a few years back and she dumped me after 2-3 weeks lol
we had great sex though Laughing
I would say colombian women are good looking but looks are no everything
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Culture All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: