Site Search:

Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

something strange is happening to me--please read!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> The Strange and Mysterious
View previous topic :: View next topic  
liebe

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2004 2:50 pm    Post subject: something strange is happening to me--please read! Reply with quote

Hi everyone,
there's something strange that's happening to me, I want you to read it and tell me what you think!

I'm a writer-- no, that's not my profession, I'm not good enough to be a professional writer--it's just a hobby and something I do when I feel depressed. Anyways, I write stories, poems, I've got a diary, and I'm also working on writing my own book. Lately I've noticed that the things I write come true, and in my life! What do I mean by that? It's difficult to describe it now that I'm writing this, it's something that you need to feel for yourself. I am living my life, and then I feel that what's happening to me feels and looks very familiar, it has already happend to me before, and no, not to me, to certain heroes in my book! You are probably thinking to yourself "well, what's the deal? You're just describing your life when you're writing, that's why it looks so familiar!" But this is exactly the thing--I write a chapter or so, BEFORE it happens to me, I have no way to know that it's going to happen to me! It's not always the exact scene, it's more like a feelings, or someone's talking, or my own thinkings, the little things.

Please tell me what you think, folks. I'm really interested in your opinion.
caz

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2004 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi, i dont know if your post was some kind of prank just to see what people would say but i'm going to take it at face value, just for arguements sake. I think that these things or feelings are not happening because you are writing them and i dont think that you have some sort of 'gift.' I think that you only get these feeling because you have described them in you book and possibly want them to come to true so you feel like they are real or you are so involved with your writing that you are beginning to find it difficult to separate real life and fiction. This is just my opinion.
Excalibur

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2004 3:01 pm    Post subject: Re: something strange is happening to me--please read! Reply with quote

liebe wrote:
Hi everyone,
there's something strange that's happening to me, I want you to read it and tell me what you think!

... But this is exactly the thing--I write a chapter or so, BEFORE it happens to me, I have no way to know that it's going to happen to me! It's not always the exact scene, it's more like a feelings, or someone's talking, or my own thinkings, the little things.

Please tell me what you think, folks. I'm really interested in your opinion.

Laughing As far as I know when you are writing an eassy, novel or whatever you try to describing things, characters, situation where you had liked to take part. I am forgetting where and when I read one article which talking about it.
Wink
coffeedecafe

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2004 1:42 pm    Post subject: Re: something strange is happening to me--please read! Reply with quote

[quote="Excalibur"]
liebe wrote:
Hi everyone,
As far as I know when you are writing an eassy, novel or whatever you try to describing things, characters, situation where you had liked to take part.
Wink

back in 6th grade, i was wakened by my mother to have breakfast and go to school while i was dreaming that i was already in the classroom. i told one of my friends on the bus that i was dreaming i was already at school. he asked what happened and i told him i could not remember.
in the first hour a test we had taken the day before was handed back. i looked at the score and said,"hey, not bad.", and showed it to my freiend. at that moment i realized that the test paper return, the score, and the comment to my friend had all been part of my morning dream. my eyes kind of glazed over, and my freind asked me what was wrong. i told him it was all in the dream, and he said,"wow, that's weird."
i haven't tried to understand it and that kind of thing does not happen to me very often. nothing was in that dream which was unusual to normal school in any way except that the exact details i dreamed before it happened. that was over 30 years ago and no strange or dangerous results have come from it. do not worry, life is bigger than our power to explain.
Assambar

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2004 4:02 am    Post subject: A reply! "Have you heard of 'deja vu's?" Reply with quote

HI Everybody!
There is nothing strange in the story described.
This is simply called 'deja vu' and is essential for most (all, in my opinion) of the human beings. It has happened so many times to me that I don't know their number. When I spoke to a friend about it he told me that he has felt the same many times - as if you do and see and feel things for the second time.
Actually, there was a theory that we subconsciously know what our lives are going to be like and sometimes while we are fast asleep, our minds get in touch with the subconsciousness and thus we can later recall what we have seen in our dreams. Perhaps our writer here unconsciously writes about what s/he has dreamed (and forgotten) in her/his books.
As a whole I don't think that there is something to worry about. After all, as long as all goes all right in the stories in the books, there shouldn't be any danger for the writer!
Health be with you all!
Assambar
coffeedecafe

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2004 11:34 pm    Post subject: Re: A reply! "Have you heard of 'deja vu's?" Reply with quote

[quote="Assambar"]HI Everybody!

As a whole I don't think that there is something to worry about. After all, as long as all goes all right in the stories in the books, there shouldn't be any danger for the writer!
Health be with you all!

i think assambar is right. as long as the writer writes of good and joyful things, there will be no reason for anxiety even if the story details come true...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> The Strange and Mysterious All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: