Site Search:

Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Alternative healing methods

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Health and Fitness
View previous topic :: View next topic  
victor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 11:25 pm    Post subject: Alternative healing methods Reply with quote

Hello, everyone. Do you believe that we can live a very healthy way of life withous taking medicines? Do you believe that our body possesses a lot of inner energy to root out any disease and illness and restore health? Do you believe that in some cases alternative methods can never help? How can Yoga or Reiki help one be healthy and full of energy? Thanks
MissJane

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do believe that everything is in our hands, and the very belief can make us fit and fresh. The basis of everything in our life is our mental attitude. I'm sure that our body is like a very complicated computer with fine and changeable settings. It is like a radio which trap the energetic waves that are around us. Tell your body to be strong - and it will be strong. But you must be sincere in your orders. No matter what ways you use to stay in good health: Yoga, Reiki, herbal medicine or conventional healing methods. The thing is that you should believe in the powerfulness of the remedy.
I have a friend who suffered from terrible headaches. Her brother decided to give her some pills but he didn't tell her what these pills were. He said it was a modern and effective medication. She took them every day during a week. Soon she felt the pain has gone. The pills she had been taking were nothing more than vitamin C. Smile
So if you think Yoga or anything else will cure you of all your deseases, it will. Don't doubt it.
MrWrite

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
So if you think Yoga or anything else will cure you of all your deseases, it will. Don't doubt it.

Er, I think you SHOULD doubt it... Yes, the placebo effect is a valid one but it isn't going to cure you of a wide range of illnesses from which your body can't recover.
MissJane

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrWrite wrote:
Quote:

Er, I think you SHOULD doubt it... Yes, the placebo effect is a valid one but it isn't going to cure you of a wide range of illnesses from which your body can't recover.

Ok, I may be wrong in a way, it's just my opinion.
But does what you said mean that you don't believe in a healthy life without pills?
MrWrite

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If your daughter were sick with a disease that could be treated with medicine, would you tell her to do some yoga or to take the medicine? Bit of a no-brainer, that one...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Health and Fitness All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: