Site Search:

Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Anyone have watched Angel & Demon?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Film and Cinema
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sumsumdog

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 2:27 am    Post subject: Anyone have watched Angel & Demon? Reply with quote

any comment on this film?

I am deciding whether to watch it or not.
scottish_tiger

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have not seen the Angel & Demons movie as yet, but have read the Dan Brown book which was really good, and in my opinion better than The Da Vinci Code.

Does anyone agree?

Scottish Tiger
Julesinjapan

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't but I have read the book. One of my students saw the movie after reading the book and she said it was disappointing. Movies are often disappointing if we read the book first.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agree that often books that are made into movies can be a huge disappointment. One of my favourite books, for example, is John Grisham's "The Firm" but the movie starring Tom Cruise & Gene Hackman had so many changes within the script that it was almost unrecognisable. There are many other examples, some others are also from John Grisham: The Client, The Pelican Brief (although some of the changes were not so drastic so did not take too much away from the original transcript, making it one of the best translations to movie). Does anyone have any other examples?

Scottish Tiger
LusciousWebb

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So boring...I got confused a lot of the times too
AnaMilena

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi!

I think this series of books make fun of a figure which must be taken seriously: the Illuminati and the Church entities, as well as those powers which are consolidating. Despite all these facts which are supposed to feed the book and its plot (and of course the film) it ends up being unrealistic and dull.

So if you tell me the book's not that cool, I won't waste my time watching the film. Thanks for the warning! Laughing

http://english4fun.freeforo.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Film and Cinema All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: