Site Search:

Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Marriage

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Computers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Azumi Takahashi

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 4:11 pm    Post subject: Marriage Reply with quote

What is marriage? Most people will marry in the future. I want to marry a
loving person because of being together with him forever. And I believe
marriage connect with happiness. However, as you know, there are couples who
divorce. Marriages may connect to unhappiness. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Do you want to marry?
iswriting

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 11:23 pm    Post subject: Marriage Reply with quote

I thought that what is marriage? I also want to marry someday. This time I will think about marriage. Marriage is a big event for a lot of people. Many people held a wedding ceremony. Everyone celebrates groom, `Congulatulations! A lot of woman is wishful for wedding dress.
I think marriage is start line for groom. What do you think about marriage?
icecube

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 1:46 pm    Post subject: Quote about marriage from woman's perspective Reply with quote

Here is a quote about marriage, which appears to be politically incorrect:

"Marriage is the most important decision a woman can make in her life. It requires a sound judgement, plenty of personal skills and hard work in developing your personality and establishing yourself as a desirable choice among eligible men.
Selecting a marriage partner is an ultimate test of your life skills!
The stakes are high and the consequences of a bad judgement can be hard to live with. As a matter of fact, those consequences can be so disastrous, that you may never recover and spend the rest of your life in poverty and misery. And on top of that you would feel utterly humiliated.

pdolivas

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 2:31 pm    Post subject: marriage Reply with quote

Marriage is one of those life changing events. It can be wonderful and it can be terrible. It is a decision not to be taken lightly.
laus

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this was posted in 'Computers" section for a reason.
People are using websites to find their love. Do you realise this is a big problem? Mechanical search can never replace reality. You have to see a living person for a first time. That marriage with person found in dating site is 90 failure, i would say. That's one of the reasons we have divorces. Sad
Jenniferdu521

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my opinion, the reason of more and more people feel worried about marriage is we have too much choice than before.

My grandma and grandpa are my best favorate couple.
They marriage in early 1940s, when my grandma was only 18 years old.
Now, my grandpa take care of his wife carefully. when they walk together, they always hand in hand live the young couples.

My husband said grandpa love grandma more because he had taken care of her very well till he retired.

My sister said grandma love grandpa more because she did all the housework and raised two children herself when her husband was always buzy for his work.

I think, they love each other deeply, and this a real example of true love.
a perfect marriage

What do you think?
peterteacher

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think too many people get married just because they think that other people "think they should".

It's very important not to listen to outside pressure and just to follow your heart.

This can be quite difficult though. It's sometimes very difficult to separate what you truly want from what you think "you should do".
MrWrite

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 1:50 pm    Post subject: Marriage Reply with quote

Marriage for women: It begins when you sink in his arms. It ends with your arms in his sink.

Marriage for men. When a woman gets married in a church, first she sees the aisle, then she sees the altar, then she sees you. Aisle, alter, you...

Good luck to everyone embarking on this exciting journey!

Jeremy
Jenniferdu521

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marrige for me, is a doomed thing.
Who is your hunsband or your wife, it is doomed.
You can not choose, in fact, you just need to receive, just as you can not choose your parents.

Could you agree with me?
redset

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jenniferdu521 wrote:
marrige for me, is a doomed thing.
Who is your hunsband or your wife, it is doomed.
You can not choose, in fact, you just need to receive, just as you can not choose your parents.

Could you agree with me?

It's true that in some cultures people cannot choose who they marry, and it's arranged by their family instead, but in other cultures people can spend their lives looking for someone they want to spend their life with. And I don't believe it's fated! Many people marry and then discover that they're not truly happy with their spouse, and can then choose to divorce and go their separate ways.

Do you guys believe people should be able to divorce, or should people who are unhappy in their marriage be made to stay together forever?
Jenniferdu521

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's true that in some cultures people cannot choose who they marry, and it's arranged by their family instead, but in other cultures people can spend their lives looking for someone they want to spend their life with. And I don't believe it's fated! quote]

I think I did not make myself clearly, I mean the one you seems looking for hardly, and finally get married, is just the one who is already doomed.
Looking for is just a false impression.
redset

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, but do you believe in free will? Wink What if you do look hard, maybe even travelling the world, and you finally meet someone who you fall in love with and marry? If you were fated to meet them, but you only met them because you were looking so hard, then maybe you didn't really have a choice in the matter!

By the way, 'doomed' sounds very ominous - like marriage is a bad thing. Maybe that was the feel you were going for Smile Fated and predestined are a couple of happier words you can use.
Melorina

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 12:03 am    Post subject: Ummm... Reply with quote

That is a good topic, actually. Because as the author said, some people get married and stay happy rest of their life with someone they love. But it's also the truth that there are many people get divorced. Well, sometimes it could be their personal problems, but no all the time it doesn't mean unhappiness. But for me, I really want to marry. I have wanted to get married since I was a little girl. haha I want to cook for my future husband, I want to spend some time with hi, I'm sure that we will have lots of arguments and fights, but I believe that they will make us relationship more deeper or stronger. That's what my boyfriend and I have been through. We are different persons being together, so there are of course fights and arguments, but there are surely so many happiness, will and hopes. So my answer for this question will be "yes, of course" Smile
adam12

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marriage is the very best bond in the world between two loving partners. It lasts ever till their deaths, even if they separated.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Computers All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: